Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

Hi Attila! I know that you don’t like it when the main composition window is complicated by additional controls .. I still think that the management of track templates is not organized in the best way. Firstly, when I save the template, the inspector suggests that I write the name of the folder to save ... I know where I want to save, but I don’t remember the names of my numerous folders and I can’t see them and I’ll not open the template browser to see the folders At this moment I can not.
I also offer an option to duplicate the menu template track to track head .
I always write down many variants of phrases on one track and for me (and for many users) it would be an acceleration of the workflow, and the opportunity to choose interesting track takes. Thank.Pictures explain everything)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I Forgot to ask to make the key combination "Save track template (active track) as .."

Hello,

First of all, thank you for this exceptional software. I got recently the Full version after using the LE for a little while and it's incredible what you can do, experiment and learn with RapidComposer!

However there are some features I would love to see in RapidComposer. For example:

* More granular note coloring (for both background grid and actual notes). For example Cubase allows you to see in different colors:
- Notes that do not belong to the scale nor to the chord (currently available in RapidComposer)
- Notes that belong to the scale but not to the chord (currently available in RapidComposer)
- Notes that belong to the scale *and* the chord (not in RapidComposer, as it just shows the notes that are part of the chord regardless whether they are part of the scale or not)
- Notes that belong to the chord but not to the scale (not in RapidComposer, as it just shows the notes that are part of the chord regardless whether they are part of the scale or not)

* Flexible part/line changes:
- For example it would be great to be able to change what bars/beats are in a certain part/line just by dragging the "part/line" ribbon at the very top of the screen. That would make so much easier and faster to rearrange the bars/beats into parts and lines. Right now I have to be copying/cutting/pasting and that often puts the bars in the wrong part/line.

* Midi import in arbitrary parts of the composition: as far as I know, when importing midi it imports it at the beginning, but it would be very nice if we could import midi files anywhere in the composition, inserting automatically the necessary bars/beats and parts/lines in the insertion point.

* Chord preview when you click a chord normally with the left mouse button and the chords window appears: I think that's not available right now, but it would be nice to have the option to enable/disable it. If it's already available please let me know!

Thank you very much!

Hi lulukom,
yes, that could be added, if it means a faster workflow for you.
Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi Attila! Thank you very much for your understanding !)

Hi DavidBluecame,

so many great requests! I want to have all this functionality in RC.
A few days ago I implemented rearranging tracks by dragging, I will do the same for the top ribbon to rearrange lines conveniently in the next beta version.
To be honest I am annoyed by the way clicking on master track chords is behaving now. This will be a bit reworked for v3.7, and chord preview (+coloring chords) will be added.

Thanks for the useful suggestions!
Attila

Thank you, Attila, for your incredible work!

If I may add just another request: currently when you select a note and use the arrow keys to move it to the left or the right, it moves a full beat. Would it be possible to have an option so the note moves with the arrow keys the currently selected "snap" value for finer adjustment (or to use a key combination to do fine adjustments)

For example, if you manually record some notes (or a full melody playing manually) you might want to fine tune the position of the notes afterwards. A possible useful workflow could be this:
* Select one note or the previous or the next with the arrow keys (left/right), optionally hearing the note you select.
* Move the note up or down to change the pitch with arrow keys (up/down), optionally hearing the note every time you change the pitch.
* Move the note to the left or the right (using the snap amount, with a possible additional option to snap it to the grid or not) using, for example, Shift-Arrow key left/right.
* Even better if we could change the note duration with the snap amount using something like Ctrl-Arrow left/right...

The idea would be to quickly readjust such manually played (slightly off) notes with a minimum of mouse button clicks, using more the keyboard. Mouse button clicks are flexible, but for highly repetitive tasks they are very time consuming and stressful for the wrist, while keyboard movement with arrow keys would be more precise & quick & easy in this case.

I don't know if this makes sense, but I hope also others could find this useful.

If this is already possible and I missed it please let me know.

Thanks!
Last edited by DavidBluecame on Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry I did not explain well, moving notes up/down is already available in RapidComposer (although I don't think I can hear the pitch when I change it), but the other movements are not (or I could not find them).

Thanks.

I would like to see the arpeggiator made more complex with the ability to have it play a chord at some point in a bar like some of the VST arpeggiator plugins.

If this can be done currently I can't seem to find it.

btw, Thanks for this great program!
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

* Move the note to the left or the right (using the snap amount, with a possible additional option to snap it to the grid or not) using, for example, Shift-Arrow key left/right.
* Even better if we could change the note duration with the snap amount using something like Ctrl-Arrow left/right...
Hi David,
Yes, this is a good idea! I'll implement this shortly.
Thanks,
Attila

nexussynth wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:17 pm I would like to see the arpeggiator made more complex with the ability to have it play a chord at some point in a bar like some of the VST arpeggiator plugins.
Greetings nexussynth!

You have full control over the chords played by the arpeggiator. All it does is placing 'chord' notes in the phrase, but it depends on the master track chords which MIDI notes will be played. If you want, each quarter note can be a different chord that the arpeggiator plays.
If I misunderstood your request, please let me know.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:57 amA few days ago I implemented rearranging tracks by dragging, I will do the same for the top ribbon to rearrange lines conveniently in the next beta version.
OK, this is done now, so you can rearrange lines and parts by dragging them in the structure ribbon.
Thanks,
Attila

Great, Attila! And here is another thing to re-arrange chords by dragging them in the master track (do not change the chords, but only re-arrange !!!)) Thank you!

And the scale, too, by the way!)))

Hi Attila!
Often there are graphic situations when the selected chord in the master track is not visible due to the fact that it closes the window of quick saggestions .. Maybe the name of the chord selected in the master track is duplicated in the head of the window of quick saggestion?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”