Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

I would like to propose the following.
It is not a real proposal, because it already works like that. ;)
I know that a graphical editor would be preferred, but at the moment I could implement this quickly:

You can specify a custom phrase order with assigned lengths, variations, and rests! Please read the help that is displayed on the screenshot. I think this is quite powerful, but simple enough to remember.

Please let me know if you want to try this in the form of a beta version.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:19 pm I would like to propose the following.
It is not a real proposal, because it already works like that. ;)
I know that a graphical editor would be preferred, but at the moment I could implement this quickly:

You can specify a custom phrase order with assigned lengths, variations, and rests! Please read the help that is displayed on the screenshot. I think this is quite powerful, but simple enough to remember.

Please let me know if you want to try this in the form of a beta version.

Thanks,
Attila
Woohooww! :hyper:

right now/anytime, if/when you think its ready to test/drive! :D

EDIT:

a question
is it possible to have an option do not use Ghost phrases but use the exact same phrases in repeats?

what i mean:
lets say we have 8 beats phrases and want to create formula for 8 Bars in this order
2bars 2bars 2bars 2bars
A4A4B8 A8B4C4 A4A4B4C4 A4B8D4

so the multiplied phrases (A and B in this case) can have different lengths.

i hope make sense :)

oh boy.. lol

Put me down for some of that please :)

yellukhan wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:54 pm a question
is it possible to have an option do not use Ghost phrases but use the exact same phrases in repeats?
Very good question. When using lengths, ghost phrases are never used. The reason is that a ghost is always the same size as the original so A2...A3 would not work, A3 would also be 2 quarter notes long.
oh boy.. lol
:) It is not that complicated. You can think of letters as either phrases with their own size (when no lengths are used, e.g. ABACA), or fixed sized units where a phrase is inserted into. The phrase is shortened when longer than the unit.
I promise a visual editor will be available later.

Thanks,
Attila

^^ that's what i call Great News! :D

The beta is uploaded with this feature. Feel free to criticize it...
Thanks,
Attila

Excellent Work Attila .

More of this please in V4.0 .

My personal Nirvana would be to be able to script an entire song.

Sean

Thank you, Sean!
Attila

I suggest the following feature:
Storing and re-using whole Phrase Variation stacks as "presets".
Example: You often need a Phrase Variation that creates string legato lines in fifths above a given melody.
Then you could create a phrase, add Phrase Variations "Add chord notes", "Legato/Staccato", "Join notes", then edit their settings to match your requirements, after that save the whole Phrase Variation stack as a "Variation stack preset".
Next time you need the same stack, you could recall/replace/add it from the "Variation stack preset" to any given phrase.
Perhaps there could even be cogwheel actions like "Add Variation stack preset (select from dropdown) to phrases on this track" and/or "Add Variation stack preset (select from dropdown) to selected phrases".

Yes, good idea about the variation stack preset :tu:
Thanks,
Attila

i ask this before and i know
this is not the something that has higher priority ..but..
just couldn't resist :hihi:
alongside the suggestions in the picture
+keep/remember screen states separately .. especially keep/remember the IT resize settings
when switching between other edit modes (i think currently also works already like that)
+keep the "Arrangement:" button always visible
would really useful and would really speed up the IT workflow.

Good requests, thanks yellukhan!

if not a bug:
in the Idea Tool
if there is no Custom Rhythms/Presets in the track, Melody Generator creates new generations,

for example
-16 bars section length
-formula: "A8R8"
-it seems needs to be repeated till the end of the section: "A8R8 A8R8 A8R8 A8R8"

thinking out loud:
not so important imho. but
i think auto loop would useful if the formula length was shorter than the section ?

EDIT: :oops:

about using Melody Generator in the IT without Rhythm Presets,
i believe would great if the MG automatically switch to "Rhythm:Manual Editing" mode!
:pray:

EDIT2:

one more from my extended day :)

is it possible to have "Do not extend at line boundaries" function
in the Adjust Note Lengths v2 Variation?

would very useful i believe :oops:

again me, all over the places :)

in the IT:
when i use 1 phrase at a time,
i often wish there was an option to loop the phrase till the end of the defined Line lengths,
alongside/right behind the "Lock:" checkbox ? .. tick both of them .. walaa! :party: :?:

Return to “MusicDevelopments”