Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

:pray: :oops: :phones: Yes !)))

EX-actly:)

I would like to have a possibility for templating Phrase Generator settings and rhythm settings separately.
So I can quickly have a specified generator, e.g. a Melody Generator that only uses chord notes and rarely does leaps, or a Fingerpicking Generator that does Travis picking and always pinch, both without changing the rhythm.
Or I could change the rhythm of any generator to be e.g. Euclidian with a certain ratio or a complex Polyrhythm using certain note values without changing the generator parameters regarding pitch/tonality.
By storing a generator's rhythm "aspect", a setting (NOT a fixed rhythm) would be saved in the Rhythms (or better Generator settings?) section, which could then be loaded or placed by Drag&Drop.
Loading a Generator's "tonal" aspect would not overwrite its rhythm setup.
Please excuse if this feature is already present in RapidComposer. I'm still an RC beginner.

This is probably already in here somewhere, so consider this a ditto if so!

I'd like to see a key command to show/hide all opened browsers and inspectors, and if I'm dreaming out loud, then maybe to be able to save/recall panel sets and arrangements…?
TY!

HiEnergy wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:26 pm I would like to have a possibility for templating Phrase Generator settings and rhythm settings separately.
This works for phrase generators, but not for rhythm generators at the moment:

I agree, this would be useful for rhythm generators too.

Thanks!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Re: my post/discovery here (viewtopic.php?f=168&t=519944), I'd really like to be able to extend the last note of any phrase exactly as can be currently done with the Staccato/Legato Variation, WITHOUT the bug this seems currently to create when dragging in a new phrase after the extended one.

Sorry, seems this feature is already here, and my troubles with it were specific to a single comp. Working well in fresh new ones!
Last edited by David on Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

would be really cool to be able to "append" compositions with other compositions. Think in the terms of a song having beginnings, middles, and ends, or intro's, verses, chorus's, etc.. and work that concept into the idea tool somehow.

Yes +1, for example: save the line / lines and some specific tracks to add it to another track ..

oops.. there is already in the file dialog.. but, still working that into the idea tool would be cool

I see, thanks.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Feature Requests:

1.) A diatonic harmony shifter that alternates the chords/scales at preset divisions
2.) A mirror function for the chords and scales at preset divisions
3.) A lot more features in the idea tool (any ideas guys)
4.) pattern based repeats/scaled randomization at different time divisions including fractal style and generative style

Know what I'm asking for here?

Hi Attila,

is it possible to having an option like randomize "selected phrases only" in the Idea Tool if there is any selection?

we can replace them from phrase browser
but i think would very useful if we have something like this in the IT.
maybe just a shortcut ? (i mean not an extra button in the GUI if makes any easier)
select the phrase press to shortcut to randomize the phrase from the IT track phrase list?
---------------------

+1 more love for Idea Tool :love:

i believe it would great if we can enter (+Save / Load) the formulas manually..

thinking out loud..
even more .. with an advanced Formula system

let say we have 4 bars hundreds of custom phrases filled in to the track
and want to make a formula for AABB-AABC-AABD-AABE..

commands would for:
-how many bars will used in the randomized phrases: "b1" (1bar) .. (( so "b1","b2","b3","b4" ))
also for
selecting half of them : (( like "b/1","b/2","b/3","b/4" ))
selecting second half of them: (( like "b+/1","b+/2","b+/3","b+/4" ))

-which bar will get selected to use (1,2,3,4) from the phrases: "s2" (Shift to: 2) .. (( so "s1","s2","s3","s4" ))

-Place the "Rest" automatically (not from the phrase list in the track) with the given formula: "R/1" (Rest: Half Bar)

for example for "AABB-AABC-AABD-AABE 16 bars"

"AABB 4bars" = [A:b1]--[A:b1]--[B:b1]--[B:b1]
"AABC 4bars" = [A:b1]--[A:b1]--[B:b1]--[C:b2]
"AABD 4bars" = [A:b1]--[A:b1--R:/1]--[A:b1/+1]--[B:b1--[C:b2]
"AABE 4bars" = [A:b1]--[A:b1--R:/1]--[A:b3/1]--[B:b1]--[C:b2]

so .. create custom formulas once and save as many you can imagine & use them any time you need!

pfft... i am done .. it was like a rocked science to me .. luckily it would be just one time task :D

+1 Good idea!
But personally, as a musician, I don’t like formulas ..) I think you need to solve such things with graphic images (draw how long and how much easier))

lulukom wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:14 pm +1 Good idea!
But personally, as a musician, I don’t like formulas ..) I think you need to solve such things with graphic images (draw how long and how much easier))
i had another idea for the Idea Tool .. but .. i think Attila didn't find it as useful. :cry:
i was calling it "Phrase Curtain (or Frame)" & was almost fully draw-able :D

I agree to much, except formulas and calculations to achieve musical results! I think that drawing is what we need! Let's discuss!))))))

Return to “MusicDevelopments”