Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

Can you add this button to the settings page? Not sure what you call it, but, would make settings changes and in particular, finding settings much easier...

it's the button click to collapse a tree view..

lulukom wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:29 pm Hello !
I also once wanted to use the styles of interactive synthesizers ..
But now I think that we need a more advanced technology, one that allows you to quickly create any styles yourself from any midi file or RC phrase.And apply these styles to any other phrases and midi files. Thank .
Styles are a rich source of musical information. There are over 75,000 different (700k styles files around the net and 800k drums files let alone complete midi file...) (I recall with nostalgia things like cakewalk project 5 musical files for composing.

Being able to tap unique (in pitch and rhythm and maybe time signature) musical phrases from all those styles into a single database would be a huge asset to work with (which I have been longing to compile for years without success...)

My dream was to have a database management software that could import styles, search by text and maybe search by a MIDI phrase. Another view would run comparators to keep only the unique (level of uniqueness adjustable (say cc, velocity, might be avoided, etc) midi phrases represented by main headings like Bass1, Acc1,etc.

Functions like: Clicking on one Bass1 part would also show for example the styles that uses this part (adjustable param), etc.
Rapid Composer 3.4b, Reason 10, SoundIRON Omega, a few more!.

But you are right)
I would not refuse to have such a database of styles, the ability to convert them for use in RC and, of course, stilt from different manufacturers! ))

I want some short-cut custoize availability and usability below.
If they already exist, pass through them.

Workspace(not Phrase Editor)
○Toggle on/off Metronome
protools' default "7"

○Toggle on/off Loop Playback
protools' default "4"

○Toggle Solo on/off on the selected track
protools' "shift s"

○Toggle Mute on/off on the selected track
protools' "shift m"

○Zoom workspace window horizontally
prootools' default T:zoom in R: zoom out

○Move zoomed workspace vertically by press "page up" "page down" "home" "end"

○Move zoomed workspace vertically & horizontally by mouse scroll wheel

Phrase Editor
"Apply Changes To Phrases in Composition"

Any Generators
"Apply Changes To Phrases in Composition"

Hi junta,
Thanks for the shortcut suggestions! :tu:

I definitely plan to import styles, but not in the next few months. This is already on my to-do list.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:07 pm I definitely plan to import styles, but not in the next few months. This is already on my to-do list.
Thanks,
Attila
I fully understand! Take your time! You are already doing great stuff in short time frame...

Hello attila

I hope you make available to ...

#move almost anything (region start, region end, transport, selected note, selected phrases etc ) by 1 beat & by 1 snap, and assign them keyboard short cut.

#move regions and transport to next or before line by 1 key shortcut.

#link phrase editor's note background shade to workspace track default

#select track header automately, when we select a phrase on some track.

#keep the main workspace always active, when we check on browser/inspector window always independent and float on top window.
(bug???
while browser/inspector windows are indepent, when I click somewhere on main workspace, main workspace lost active and browser/inspector get active , even though I don't touch them.
@iMac OS10.10

Are any parameters/sliders/etc. modulate-able in RC when running as a plugin? That would be cool…

Hi David,

if you mean modulate-able as 'automate-able' then yes, any track parameter (which makes sense) or MIDI CC can be an envelope changing in time.
If you mean it as controllable by MIDI CC's, this does not work yet.

As an example enabling 'envelope' for the track Expression:

Thanks,
Attila

Ah, I missed that, really cool, could be all I'd really need for the time being:)! Is there a tutorial on these envelopes somewhere? I'd looked for Phrase Envelopes already (same thing?), didn't find one in the WIKI…

And speaking of Expression, is there something giving more detail about what that exactly is? A MIDI control message no doubt, but assigned to what?

And Volume, too, as a variation. It seems not to work at all like, say, a DAW Mixer volume slider would.

As I've tried to blend together two tracks both set to the same MIDI channel and going out to the same plugin via IAC, dramatic slider adjustments have very little level effect during play…but do send MIDI volume messages out when recorded in the DAW that at least one plugin (Falcon) always reacted too, even though no others did. Took me a while to figure out why Falcon (and Falcon only!) wouldn't work as an IAC target, nor play saved MIDI-file recordings from RC. Finally I spotted that I'd slid the Volume track variation slider to -38 trying to blend it in with the first track (the track set-up I'm referring to is described in my latest fingerpicking "Tip" post), so my recordings would always start with that as an event, ignored by Omnisphere, etc.

No doubt more or less expected behavior, but it's got me baffled…

TIA!
Last edited by David on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

OMG all over again: Phrase Envelopes!! Seriously, RC has got me laughing out loud so many times as new powers reveal themselves— THANK YOU for this marvel, Attila, a million times over!!

David wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:32 am OMG all over again: Phrase Envelopes!! Seriously, RC has got me laughing out loud so many times as new powers reveal themselves— THANK YOU for this marvel, Attila, a million times over!!

I cover this fully in my video.. It gets even better too.. lol Had some technical issues, but, trying to get the video out as soon as possible.

David wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:06 am And speaking of Expression, is there something giving more detail about what that exactly is? A MIDI control message no doubt, but assigned to what?
Hi David,

Expression is actually a multiplier for Note On velocities. If it very useful if you want to control the dynamics. So it is not the same as MIDI volume (CC #7), or MIDI expression (CC #11).

:idea: If you use strong/medium/weak accents for the notes instead of velocities, you can set up envelope automation for the accents, which lets you create interesting rhythmic morphing when you decrease the strong accent velocity and increase the other two, for example.

Please check this page which has explanation for the phrase envelope:
http://www.musicdevelopments.com/phrasemagnetst.html

I don't think many people use it or discovered it at all...

Thanks,
Attila

BluGenes wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:51 am
David wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:32 am OMG all over again: Phrase Envelopes!! Seriously, RC has got me laughing out loud so many times as new powers reveal themselves— THANK YOU for this marvel, Attila, a million times over!!

I cover this fully in my video.. It gets even better too.. lol Had some technical issues, but, trying to get the video out as soon as possible.
Can't wait to watch, thanks!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”