Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

You are right, this would be useful! :phew:
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

now the strummer is able to set mute articulation. better for the strummer and all other generators is to be able to select for every rythm step possible any of the articulation that are available in articulation set of a track. I think this can best add to the rythm and can save with the rythm. so can choose mute, legato, staccato or more

for the strummer it is also usefull to have a automatic mute option available so that every 16 th or 8 th note(can choose) get a mute. because often short notes are mute play. currently the strummer can have on each string at same time diffrent note length. i think a mode that can have all strings same note length is usefull too
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Can the tracks retain in memory the original generator / last used phrase used on the track?
Like if i used a fingerpick generator on track 1 and say i switch to another track and add a melody generator to the new track, when i switch back to the finger pick track, and try to directly generate / fill, it will now load melody generator phrases. It would be nice if the track retains in memory the last generator used on that track . Normally a bass track will remain a bass generator...
Sorry I dunno if this is there in options but I think this would make the workflow faster?
Cheers
Ajay

Hi Atillia,
How about idea generators/ containers (like templates) with specific styles of music..Like for example a salsa based idea generator with Salsa Piano / Salsa Bass/ Rhythm / Guitar Comp...I know this sounds like a backing keyboard idea but i feel there is potential here that would help a lot of us.

Also any way to do a batch import of midi files?
Say categorized by Scale, (renamed in a particular order if required..CmPiano1.mid CmPiano2.mid etc)
Lot of midi files to import which can take forever...Lol :hihi:

krazydude2 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:38 am Also any way to do a batch import of midi files?
Say categorized by Scale, (renamed in a particular order if required..CmPiano1.mid CmPiano2.mid etc)
Hi,

i hope it helps!

I grab a tea and watch my screen in hopes something on my PC generates some cool music. But, then realize I have to actually have to click something for that to happen. lol

BluGenes wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:48 pm I grab a tea and watch my screen in hopes something on my PC generates some cool music. But, then realize I have to actually have to click something for that to happen. lol
:D

yellukhan wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:21 pm
krazydude2 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:38 am Also any way to do a batch import of midi files?
Hi,

i hope it helps!
Thank you for the tip.
Will try this today n update how it goes :-)

krazydude2 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:32 am Hi Atillia,
How about idea generators/ containers (like templates) with specific styles of music..Like for example a salsa based idea generator with Salsa Piano / Salsa Bass/ Rhythm / Guitar Comp...I know this sounds like a backing keyboard idea but i feel there is potential here that would help a lot of us.
Hi Ajay,

good idea, of course :)
I am not a big fan of including "styles" but once I had plans to import yamaha STY files.
Not many people requested styles in the last 8 years, but it is on my to-do list.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila!
I think it would be better to make the technology to analyze the midi file and the phrase to create, save and apply your own RC-style patterns.

Yes, using neural networks would be perfect for this task... I have a long list of big changes for v4.0.
Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:53 pm Yes, using neural networks would be perfect for this task... I have a long list of big changes for v4.0.
Thanks,
Attila
If you're thinking neural network, would this be cloud based, so all users could share from the same pool, maybe with ability to tag specific genres so if one was looking a pop based style midi idea then classical/jazz styles would not be created ?

Of course this would rely on the community tagging correctly on upload

Or even utilising blockchain technology instead of a central cloud

I would vote for a central, server-based solution, where users could access any trained NN that other users uploaded. I have plans for sharing phrases in a similar way.

Hi Attila,

Yes, good idea, I agree. Trying to remember, did you indicate at one time whether ReWire was possible to add to RC?

Thank you for the many wonderful updates!
Forrest

Return to “MusicDevelopments”