Balancing the Volumes

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I am trying to achieve a consistent general volume (playback) level regardless of whether I am playing back the composition or previewing a chord progression (as in the Chord Selector after hitting F10).

I am aware of Settings -> Audio -> Master Gain and Settings -> Soundfounts -> Soundfont Gain. However, these do not appear to be the keys to setting up the desired balance.

Could someone please guide me here?

Let me put this another way -

Does anyone else experience unexpected major changes in output volume during their normal usage of RC?

Hi sj1,
You can set the "note on velocity" for chord preview under Settings / Preview if you find it too loud.
Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Just for new people, the "why" is, RC is a sequencer, not a DAW. Meaning, it has no control over what the VST loaded does. It's up to the VST to control playback volumes, using CC.. (Control Change, or Continuous Change). In this case velocity.. Some VST's use CC 11, which is modulation, to control volume as well.

So, it depends on what your VSTi does that deals with the volume. The "idea" behind RC is to develop a composition with an idea, then put that idea into a DAW for refinement. Use a DAW to refine your composition for the final production, NOT RC!

Just wanted to point that out..

Return to “MusicDevelopments”