Cubasis 3 for iPhone and iPad available

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As a owner of cubasis 2 I would feel being duped if I buy this. I am out.

+1
Due to the upgrate fee (which is not a fee but a full price), as been an owner of Cubasis 2, I'll keep Cubasis 2.

With my best regards to Steinberg.

Yup, gonna pass on this

Disappointed there is no upgrade price for Cubasis 2 users! Am considering going with Auria Pro instead.

I may be wrong but don’t think its possible to upgrade apps, ie: BM1 to 2 to 3, NS 1 to 2 etc both new versions.

i am an owner and user of Cubasis 2. I aint getting Cubasis 3 for $70 Canadian. Forget it.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

I think it is not possible for developers to offer upgrades to a new (major) version of an app.
Welcome to the iOS world. One of the reasons why apps in general are much cheaper. No demos, no upgrades, no crossgrades.

cubasis v2 was free to current owners of cubasis and it was a major overhaul imo so some may THINK it is not possible lol history begs to differ. not saying their work should be free but paying full current price for minor change is ridiculous. they can shoot themselves in the foot if they want... that is up to steinberg. since they offered v2 free they DO have records of who owns what so they 'could' offer a reduced 'upgrade' price to current owners of v2... they just aren't lol fork 'em cheers

p.s. why ios apps (or pretty much any mobile OS) are cheap is because they operate on pretty much a 'closed system' there is not a ton of variables which make coding a far bit simpler (development) than trying to code for every system out there (PCs and Macs) add to THAT 'apps' are really nowhere near as powerful as full programs. they are still quite limited in scope based on resources available.
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

MadDogE134 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:07 am cubasis v2 was free to current owners of cubasis and it was a major overhaul imo so some may THINK it is not possible lol history begs to differ. not saying their work should be free but paying full current price for minor change is ridiculous. they can shoot themselves in the foot if they want... that is up to steinberg. since they offered v2 free they DO have records of who owns what so they 'could' offer a reduced 'upgrade' price to current owners of v2... they just aren't lol fork 'em cheers

p.s. why ios apps (or pretty much any mobile OS) are cheap is because they operate on pretty much a 'closed system' there is not a ton of variables which make coding a far bit simpler (development) than trying to code for every system out there (PCs and Macs) add to THAT 'apps' are really nowhere near as powerful as full programs. they are still quite limited in scope based on resources available.
I agree on some parts but i have some iOS apps which exceed everything i have on my computer. But in general i would agree. A closed system has of course pro (no much piracy) and contra (the worst is the file system still for me and that iOS music apps always run on a single core so the multi-core is worthless for music production).
Cubasis 2 was maybe just an upgrade indeed and they are all numbers. Sometimes a 0.1 update of a DAW has more new features than a 1.0 from others.
But iOS developers cannot offer upgrade prices like in the desktop world. Its a free upgrade or a new paid app for everybody. Because of that iOS might be good for apps which are cheap and get a lot free updates but at some point the developers want to earn some money.
But if people are happy with v2, maybe no need to upgrade. I mean since i own Logic on my mac i also would not even thinking to buy any upgrade for another DAW at the same time.
In the case of Cubasis 3 it might be interesting for iPhone users (like me sice i sold my iPads and do not like tablets at all). I also own Cubasis 2 for iPad which i cannot use anymore. I also won´t upgrade because NS2 is already my favorite DAW and otherwise any iOS DAW are too limited for me. The price would be actually no reason for me to not buy it but in my case i just do not need it.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”