Finding AUs for use in Cubasis 2

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey KVR.

I have Cubasis 2, and I’m interested in using AU instruments within Cubasis. I have a new iPad Pro (2018).

To try out this functionality, I downloaded a free “Mac version (AU)” instrument from KVR. But when I unpack the zip file I just get either a .dmg, .pkg, or .component file. I know that dmg and pkg files are executable Mac files, So I know that I cannot run these from iPadOS.

Is there a way to extract the AU file from these package files from the iPad?

If not, is there a list of instruments somewhere that is known to be able to download just the AU file?

Thanks. Sorry if this question has been asked before. I tried to search around and didn’t really find anything. I’ve found a lot of outdated information from previous versions of iPads and Cubasis. So those didn’t help at all.

For the iPad you can only use AU plugins that are designed for the iPad and sold (or free) on the App Store like, say, FM Player https://apps.apple.com/au/app/audiokit- ... 1307785646

You can’t sideload AU units from the internet, neither Mac nor iPadOS

Oh okay. I get it.

The only way to get AUs as of now, into an iPad DAW, is to download them from the Apple App Store. You can use the app as a standalone synth, or use it as an Audio Unit. Not all synths on the App Store have AU capabilities though.

Thanks for the help.

Apple really should of offered devs. ( maybe they have ) an In App Purchase to add update AUv function to the many great existing iOS synths.

Hats off to the devs that updated right away, some for free even.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”