Pure Acid - New TB-303 emulation

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

NatLife wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:44 am
Cinebient wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:25 am
NatLife wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:17 am heard this one - i like how fast you can do a nice acid arp's, and it's sounds nice but for me - still not close to TB 303
Yes...it‘s better actually :)
hehe) depends for what
Mhhh...ACID!!

These IOS apps are really getting neat!

So I'm on a Windows desktop & Android Phone.
What would be the most interesting way to get this integrated with my system?

I'm guessing it's not going to happen that these nice apps are ever coming to Android, so like a medium performance Ipad would do the trick? And can you integrate that with Ableton 10 on a Windows machine.

You don’t necessarily need the best iPad as they’re all good for running music apps.

Sorry, not sure how to integrate with Windows, but I know it’s possible. I use my iPad in Live, but I’m on a Mac so don’t know the extra steps for Windows.

Stefken wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:13 pm These IOS apps are really getting neat!

So I'm on a Windows desktop & Android Phone.
What would be the most interesting way to get this integrated with my system?

I'm guessing it's not going to happen that these nice apps are ever coming to Android, so like a medium performance Ipad would do the trick? And can you integrate that with Ableton 10 on a Windows machine.
If you have an Android, you're mostly out of luck for music apps. I think Caustic is available.

If you're not looking to run a DAW or lots of virtual instruments at the same time on an iPad, then you don't need the latest and greatest. Get the newest standard (non pro) you can afford.

iOS + Ableton the best match possible (I can't stand Ableton, unfortunately) - mostly because of Link.

As far as MIDI to and from an iPad, you can do over Wifi (get the free rtpMIDI app), Bluetooth (with adapters as needed), or lightning cable (e.g., midimux).

As far as audio out.... harder. Headphone out. Or get the right CCK adapter plus an audio interface that can be USB powered. Or use a lightning cable (this one is more miss than hit, e.g., using studiomux). I gave up on audio out from my iPhone and only use it for MIDI processing over the lightning cable. The only way I get audio out now is by exporting tracks/stems. I do have a reliable way of doing it, but it's too much of a pain to bother with (iPhone -> MBP -> digital out via headphone jack to my Focusrite 6i6).

Cinebient wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:58 pm
NatLife wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:17 am heard this one - i like how fast you can do a nice acid arp's, and it's sounds nice but for me - still not close to TB 303
hehe) depends for what
Mhhh...ACID!!
i like more how sounds 20years ago made plugin - Muon Tau :D
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

NatLife wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:14 pm
hehe) depends for what
Mhhh...ACID!!
Maybe flavor? I´m a child of the 90´s and i drenched my youth in acid :hihi:
But i just like really the app more than everything i saw (because it just sounds good to me and has nice extras on top) or heard yet as plug-in for mac/win.
But then of course acid is more than a TB-303 and in general for acid sounds i do not prefer any TB-303 at all but a modular.

Cinebient wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:28 pm
hehe) depends for what
Mhhh...ACID!!
But i just like really the app more than everything i saw (because it just sounds good to me and has nice extras on top) or heard yet as plug-in for mac/win.
But then of course acid is more than a TB-303 and in general for acid sounds i do not prefer any TB-303 at all but a modular.
yeah, im agreed that as for ios app it might be the best acid sounds, but if compare with VST/Hardware, here I wouldn’t say so :)
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

NatLife wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:52 pm

hehe) depends for what
Mhhh...ACID!!
yeah, im agreed that as for ios app it might be the best acid sounds, but if compare with VST/Hardware, here I wouldn’t say so :)
I find the app better than most VST in this area. And there are also other apps i find better than any VST/AU (f.e. the Moog app for Minimoog emulation).
These apps getting better. I might go more iOS again.

Cinebient wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:55 pm
NatLife wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:52 pm

hehe) depends for what
Mhhh...ACID!!
I find the app better than most VST in this area. And there are also other apps i find better than any VST/AU (f.e. the Moog app for Minimoog emulation).
These apps getting better. I might go more iOS again.
its up to you, but i still hear a pretty plastic sounds of this app like and most of apps.

Well, i prefer some on iOS and some on my mac. Only one stands out for me in general...by beloved P900 (and Alchemy for it´s unique FX section) which also could be replaced maybe by Beepstreet next iOS app which i find more interesting as Reaktor. It is also about GUI and workflow which i think iOS apps often are miles ahead.

I have put sounds from iPad apps and Mac plugins side by side, and in many cases there’s pretty much no difference in the quality and usability of the sounds.

In fact, in many cases the iPad apps outperform anything on my Mac, especially when it comes to inventive twisting of sounds.

Forgotten wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:17 pm I have put sounds from iPad apps and Mac plugins side by side, and in many cases there’s pretty much no difference in the quality and usability of the sounds.

In fact, in many cases the iPad apps outperform anything on my Mac, especially when it comes to inventive twisting of sounds.
That is the truth.

Now with midi out as well....

Can you work this properly on a iphone considering the small screen?
Is there some kind of zoom function or a different presentation tailored to the smaller screen of an iphone?

Stefken wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:04 pm Can you work this properly on a iphone considering the small screen?
Is there some kind of zoom function or a different presentation tailored to the smaller screen of an iphone?
I have no problem. Of course the iPhone version is "optimized" for smaller screens.
It has mainly 4 windows (bass, seq, mixer and drums) you can switch between but also you can use up to 2 at the same time in any combination you want (in this case the virtual keyboard will be smaller and just a little part at the bottom. I have no problem here, but i use the 5.5" iPhone 6S plus. But i also had no trouble to do whole albums on my old iPhone 4 with a 3.5" screen.
Also nice that it is one of the very few iOS apps where you can choose different themes/colors or even do it manual and change the Hue.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”