Hello...and welcome to the Sound Test Room!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you haven't checked out his channel before, check out The Sound Test Room videos on everything iOS (along with some other things):

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDU1UL ... v0Xi0CbYYw

Doug is a character, and it's great to hear him work his way through how various iOS apps work and he always manages to explain the complex in a very straightforward way. I've learned quite a few tips and tricks from him, and he's entertaining to watch and listen to.

Also, if you can afford it, it's worth supporting him in any way you can.

Interesting.. thanks!

Doug is an amazing iOS music resource. And a heck of a person too.

Totally agree - he devotes a lot of time to the channel, and comes over as a super nice guy

I will check it out, but I noticed his recent videos are quite long. I don't have the time to watch stuff like that (too many other stuff available, YouTube watch later list > 1500 videos).

Blaster wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:27 am I will check it out, but I noticed his recent videos are quite long.
He does a live feed pretty much every day, which is why some of them are longer, but he does some shorter ones for new apps when they are released.

He fumbles around with very little idea about how most of the apps he gets for free actually work, something of a cult figure, absolutely no idea why ?

(Expect the IOS crowd to now cry)

By the way, he is one hell of a composer though, he should have stuck to that for sure.
Duh

To me his appeal is that he walks through things in the way that most people do, and as he figures things out it makes sense to me simultaneously.

I don’t know, just can’t help but like the guy and I never feel frustrated when he gets to the point of not knowing exactly how something works.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”