can I get an IOS app to sync with OSX app?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I discovered this cool drum app Soft Drummer (one of several in different genres by the same guy).

I can set up a drum pattern or a song in Soft Drummer, but I wanted to be able to sync it with Mainstage or other DAW app (I said Logic in the heading coz far more people use that, and I suspect they'll operate basically the same). This is for live performance, so Mainstage and the sequenced looper app Zenaudio ALK are the ones I have in mind.

I figured it would be trivial for the IOS app to receive tempo info and start/stop commands from my OSX app, but it seems not to be.

I downloaded the OSX and IOS midimittr app which lets you use an ordinary lightning to USB cable, and what I was able to achieve was to get audio from my phone into Mainstage pretty easily, but no way could I seem to get the phone to receive tempo info, or start/stop commands.

Neither of the OSX apps has Ableton link, which soft drummer does have. But it's meant to be able to see midi clock as well. And it doesn't have a manual. so between Mainstage, Soft Drummer, Midimittr, and AudioMidi set-up app I feel I'm stumbling in the dark here big time.

Any help in this area would be gratefully received! I'm a total beginner when it comes to using music apps on IOS. Thanks.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”