iOS Synth with 16 step arpeggiator?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Which Synths for iOS featuring a 16 step sequencer/arpeggiator do you know?
I don't need a pattern based sequencer, just 16 on/off rhythmic steps for the arpeggiator.
Thanks!

There are many.

AudioKit Synth One, to begin (it's free) and Digital D1.
ODYSSEi is amazing for this, but it's not AUv3 and you might want it to be.
Thor.
LayR, for a deep dive (it can get a bit confusing).
SynthScaper, to get crazy.
WaveGenerator can do it.
and the iceGear synths (e.g. Redshrike) have 16-step arps.

Maybe VirSyn and Yonac have something too.

Saying this, I do recommend StepPolyArp Unit, which is excellent, and ChordPolyPad by the same developer, which is off topic.

colonel_mustard wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:00 pm There are many.

Thanks for the Synth One shoutout, you rock!

🙌

AudioKit Synth One. Free & open-source iOS Synthesizer:
http://audiokitpro.com/synth

analogmatt wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:23 am Thanks for the Synth One shoutout, you rock!
No worries Matt, credit where credit’s due. Thanks for putting the insides of your head into the insides of our iOS devices :)

apeSoft’s Mood has a 16-step arpeggiator, I’ve remembered.

Different thing, but I feel compelled to mention VirSyn’s Tap Delay here, which is a 16-step delay (and one of my first loves on iOS). An under-appreciated app, that one.

colonel_mustard wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:00 pm There are many.

ODYSSEi is amazing for this, but it's not AUv3 and you might want it to be.
Thor.
LayR, for a deep dive (it can get a bit confusing).
SynthScaper, to get crazy.
WaveGenerator can do it.
and the iceGear synths (e.g. Redshrike) have 16-step arps.

Maybe VirSyn and Yonac have something too.

Saying this, I do recommend StepPolyArp Unit, which is excellent, and ChordPolyPad by the same developer, which is off topic.
Thanks! I'm gonna check them all. The Korg Odyssei is the one I already knew and it's pretty awesome! I'm buying it at the next Korg sale.

MIDI Mod was just released yesterday, and while not a synth, the arpeggiator does exactly this. In latch mode you have up to 16-steps and they go into a grid as you play them. Once in the grid you can select and de-select individual steps to turn them on or off. In addition, there is a 16-step transpose sequencer that will auto-transpose the sequence (think of it as a sequencer of a sequence). You can choose from preset transposition sequences (like chords and scales) or make your own with the transpose sequence editor. Other features include a polyphonic mode with a single chord and you can send out modulation on arp note on and note off.

The arp is just one "module" in the app. There's also an envelope (3 midi envelopes) and LFO module (4 LFOs) and a 32-slot mod matrix. The app is MIDI only. No sound.

Here's a demo of the arpeggiator used in combination with AudioKit SynthOne. I couldn't hear what I was recording at the time, since it's a screen recording. Hope you like diminished thirds! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcXqcnGandA

Seconded on the AudioKit synths. Also, maybe some of the Korg offerings?

Forgotten wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:21 pm Seconded on the AudioKit synths. Also, maybe some of the Korg offerings?
The Audiokit does not work on my device (needs an upper iOS version).

I was going with Korg but..
JohnPativens wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:40 pm The Korg Odyssei is the one I already knew and it's pretty awesome! I'm buying it at the next Korg sale.
Damn, Korg 50% sale has finally come just to discover iOdyssey is not compatible with iPad older than 4 due to CPU speed reasons. Such disappointing since nearly all the other Korg apps work just fine with older devices :(
Now, it's Thor or iPolysix..

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”