BramBos Mozaic: Create your own MIDI plugins (iOS)

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

(I'm not associated, but am a repeat customer of the first-class developer)

I'm blown away by someone so talented releasing this so that people can roll their own iOS AUv3 plugins. Simply amazing.

http://ruismaker.com/mozaic/

"Have you ever thought about making your own iOS MIDI plugins? Do you have creative ideas for MIDI filters, generative music tools, basic sequencers, MIDI control panels, chaos experiments? But months of hard work and struggling with barely documented technology don’t sound like your thing?

Mozaic may be just the thing you’ve been waiting for!

Mozaic gives you practical tools such as LFOs, pre-fab GUI layouts, musical scales, AUv3 support (with AU Parameters, transport events, tempo syncing, etc.), random generators and a super-simple yet powerful script language. Mozaic even offers quick access to your device’s tilt sensors for expressive interaction concepts!

The Mozaic Script language is designed from the ground up to be the easiest and most flexible MIDI language on iOS. A language by creatives, for creatives. You’ll only need to write a few lines of script to achieve impressive things – or to create that uber-specific thing that was missing from your MIDI setup."

You can find scripts for Mozaic in the Audiobus forum wiki (I have a couple of them there) :-)

https://wiki.audiob.us/mozaic_plugin_engine

Awesome! This was an instant purchase.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I looked at this but then wondered if I would use it. I have a few other Bram Bos apps, but I think I have this area already covered with Audulus.

Audulus is getting AUv3 capability sometime soon, and it's already great for building modular stuff and even building in logic and math functions. I like Audulus better as it's mostly drag and drop rather than scripting, so it's much quicker to build something.

I guess this is more simple (not that flexible) as StreamByter, am I right?

aimm wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:28 pm I guess this is more simple (not that flexible) as StreamByter, am I right?
They certainly seem similar, but I'm not sure which is the more complex of the two. I would guess Mozaic has more functionality because it has its own scripting language, but I might be wrong.

Would be great to see some good demos of both.
Last edited by Forgotten on Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ok, thanks for the reply. Indeed some demos of both would help..

OK, I bit the bullet and bought Mozaic, so will spend some time with it and post my thoughts. Who knows? I might even create a track with it...? :wink:

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”