Tips for new headphones?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,
i’m looking for new headphones. Maybe you have some recommendations for me? I’ll use it as a mobile listening device.

Minimum Requirements:
- Bluetooth (cause iPhone 8 u know...)
- Neutral freq response (no bass insanity)
- Over-Ear
- closed construction
- High-Quality (non-plastic material preferred)

would be good
- Option to plug in a cable
- fast impulse response
- good stereo panorama
- pairing with more than one device at once
- headphone app to adjust the sound to my liking

Today I tried the Sennheiser Momentum 2 Wireless Over-Ear. Read so many positive reviews that i had to test them in a store. Man, I was so disappointed! It has this bathtub frequency curve. Hate it. As i listen a lot to melodic house music, I want to have clear mids. My studio AKG Q701 are my reference here. A somewhat unfair comparison as these have an open construction. But still...

Could you point me into the right direction?
Last edited by FortunOfficial on Thu May 16, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Put True Fi on your phone, now that's one less requirement.

yellowmix wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:45 pm Put True Fi on your phone, now that's one less requirement.
Thx for the tip, but the app does not really fit my purpose. Problem is it has no system wide integration. I use youtube and soundcloud a lot. There I wouldn’t have the adjusted sound profiles.

thx but do you have any personal recommendations?

No, I do not like wireless headphones.

Tips for new headphones?

a 1/4 inch jack.

:hihi:

Dasheesh wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:33 pm Tips for new headphones?

a 1/4 inch jack.

:hihi:
Audio Technica ATH-M50(X) totally wonderful headphones! :love:
Bitwig

[/quote]

[/quote]

thx for the tip. Need to try them. Does the headphone have an app for EQing and is the sound balanced and not so bass heavy??

They are meant for production but still are very nice listening to music. Very good bass response without getting "boomy". But no bluetooth support. Apps IDK but I don't think so.
Bitwig

FortunOfficial wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:48 pm
[/quote]
is the sound balanced and not so bass heavy??
[/quote]

they are extremely bass heavy. made for bass heads. samson sr series destroys them.

Here's some tips for headphones for everyone because headphones have become as important as a DAW for making today's music. YOU ARE BEING SOLD. First, all headphones are made from the same parts that come from the same factories. Second, you are paying for the name. Like everything else these days you go on the interenet and look for "top ten headphones" and guess who pays for those lists?

I use to buy 300$ headphones too. what a waste, You are going to blow them out while making yourself def on angsty 808 music anyway. if you like basshead music try the LYX pro HAS-10's. they are the smart persons ATH-M50's. superlux is the smart man's Sennheiser. If you like a warm analog type sound try the samsons, and if you like a higher tuned sound try the yamaha's. there is a whole range of cans around the 50$ mark now. don't be afraid to try them.

ATH M50's are probably the most overrated headphones on the good old internet. They're not bad at all, but not amazing. I would imagine that most people that rave about them ONLY have them, and nothing else to compare to...or only compared them to the last pair of cheap headphones they used.

I compared them with quite a few AKG studio phones. Otherwise I haven't compared to that many. But I'm really happy with them. Also they're very good compared to the Technics RP-DH1200 but they're pure DJ phones and not to be compared to studio phones.

It's the best to try out all phones you can in the store but i think the ATH M50s are good and also not that expensive.
Bitwig

people do what they are told man, it's what they know. the whole trick is to sell a younger crowd on a cool name. make them feel special. that 50$ market has become so big (3 guesses why) that the market had exploded. you know who makes those samson's that i like? focal. lol. they won't tell you that tho. there is another brand all the can heads like that doesn't have a branding or is recognizable in anyway but the headphone guys love. it has a basic name. been meaning to try them but i can't remember it lol. i'll have to do some digging to find it.

fostex has new cans out i see. i still use fostex monitors :). love to try those. there are new cans hitting the market all the time. you just have to do a little digging because google is going to sell you the expensive stuff first. it's their job.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”