iPad music starter configuration?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

martinjuenke wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:49 pm Dark pulsing ambient...
Sunrizer
Korg: iMonoPoly, iMS20, ODYSSEi

What apps do you recommend for Live performance Vocals + Acoustic Guitar with effects on both?

I forgot to mention, I have an interface and a USB Mixer and all the connections.

mikeparent wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:32 pm
Sunrizer
FYI for anyone interested, just noticed there's a Korg apps sale for the next 2 weeks.
I got my first ever iPad this week (an Air 2019 version) and can already see the future could be expensive (though not as expensive as when I started to get back into PC based music 2 years ago after I last did anything in the 90's).

As well as a load of freebies I picked up the following apps as a start:-
Korg Gadget 2
Korg M1 (with card expansions at £3 each in the sale)
Korg Electribe Wave (with Atmospheric Waves)
Axon 2
Xyntheszr
Medly
Patterning 2

and have my eyes on a few more, but waiting for pay day.

Not trying to derail the thread, but I'm trying to work out the most cost effective way of using a MIDI keyboard with this Air 3.
I have a spare controller with full size MIDI ports and was looking at using a Yamaha MDBT01 with it.
Anyone got experience of this and any pitfalls I need to know about?

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

What are people's solutions to triggering complicated chords on synthesizer apps? Do you just stick to the piano roll or is there a way to route MIDI input to those synthesizer apps?

The Audiobus forum is very helpful.

If wanting to start simple, stick with Nanostudio, Gadget, or GrooveRider GR-16 or iElectribe, depending on what you’re looking for. Or Drambo (but you’ll want AUM, then).

IOS devices also make fantastic MIDI generators/ controllers. Easiest way is rtpMIDI over WiFi. Use either stand alone apps with MIDI out or get AUM or Audiobus and some MIDI apps.

I’m partial to Cubasis (it’s what I use). As for synths and other instruments/effects, there are so many to choose from...

But also, I make “hybrid” music, not “electronic” in the classic sense. Very rarely do I even sequence anything, for example.

Still, I suspect Cubasis and a few good synths could work for that. Not sure if it’s absolutely the optimal path, however. I hear good things about Gadget, on that front. And Drambo.

mikeparent wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:32 pm
Sunrizer
Do the Korg iPad apps have midi mapping?

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”