Koala Sampler - New iOS pocket sampler app

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi All! I just released a new sampler app, Koala Sampler. Record anything with your phone’s mic instantly. Use it to create beats with those samples, add effects and create tracks. App Store Link (https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/koala-sampler/id1449584007?mt=8)

Koala’s super intuitive interface helps you make a tracks in a flash, there is no brake pedal. You can also resample the output of the app back into the output, through the effects, the sonic possibilities are endless.

BASIC FEATURES:
  • Record up to 64 different samples with your mic
  • Transform your voice or any other sound with 8 superb built-in fx
  • Adjust trim, pan, pitch and volume of your samples
  • Export loops or entire tracks as professional quality WAV files
  • Copy/paste or merge sequences just by dragging them
  • Create beats with the high-resolution sequencer
  • Keyboard mode lets you play chromatically or one of 9 scales
  • Quantize, add swing to get the right feel
  • Add any (or all) of the 8 effects to the entire mix
  • AudioBus 3.0 compatible
  • MIDI controllable
  • Jam with others over WiFi with Ableton Link
More info + features here (https://www.elf-audio.com/koala/)

Does it support MPE or voice per channel mode?

Android is now supported.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Wow, nice!! In for a copy!

3lu5iv3 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:34 pm Android is now supported.
For quite a while actually, I feel bad I didn't point this out sooner, this is such a great app. One of those "even if you have nothing else"-apps.

It's a fantastic sampler that also features a 'Pocket Operator' mode where one channel runs the sync click for your POs.

Koala Sampler - https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... alasampler

Hmm, the Android version doesn't have Ableton Link or Bluetooth MIDI.
Can't sync my Android phone to my iPad?

does anyone know how to edit the individual notes in the sequence?
i don't know how to do it yet...
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

RPH wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:43 am Hmm, the Android version doesn't have Ableton Link or Bluetooth MIDI.
Can't sync my Android phone to my iPad?
https://www.koalasampler.com/help/andro ... n-android/
Might have something to do with this. Can't you use midi sync?

3lu5iv3 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:03 pm does anyone know how to edit the individual notes in the sequence?
In the sequence view (double tap the sequence) you click on the piano keyboard when the pad row you want to change is active. You then get a view with only that pad's sequence mapped to c3. You then change it to what you want.

wasi wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:03 pm
3lu5iv3 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:03 pm does anyone know how to edit the individual notes in the sequence?
In the sequence view (double tap the sequence) you click on the piano keyboard when the pad row you want to change is active. You then get a view with only that pad's sequence mapped to c3. You then change it to what you want.
Ah i see, thanks.
SoundCloud

wasi wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:57 pm https://www.koalasampler.com/help/andro ... n-android/
Might have something to do with this. Can't you use midi sync?
Hmm, I see..
I've tried, but so far out of luck.
Bought "Link to MIDI bridge" for Android, that receives the Ableton link signal from my iPad fine and puts out MIDI but Koala can't work with that it seems. Or I am doing something wrong.
Everything is set to MIDI Ch1. It could also be MIDI OTA isn't an option for Koala (Android).

became a huge fan of KS.
SoundCloud

koala is amazing. must-buy. with tube audio unit in split screen its next level

KS now has an EQ!
SoundCloud

KS updated with multi edit and seq snap!
SoundCloud

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”