Allihoopa Shuts Down (who’s actually surprised?)

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As per the subject, Allihoopa is shutting down. Not just the [yet another online] service, the apps too. That means Figure (and Take) are going away as well.

This is what happens when companies bet on fads. I saw this coming from day one of the announcement that Figure was transferred from Propellerhead to this new Allihoopa dealie. I’m not saying I’m dancing on their graves, it’s just that I wish companies wouldn’t jump on fads.

Makes me wonder how things are going with Propellerhead, since they started that awful “Reason for iOS” garbage, as per their investor overlords...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Well Jace, :hihi: I think Reason should focus on being Reason...

...and hey! looks like they have a new modular synth available now, so stuff like that, actually. :hihi: 8) :hihi: 8)

But...IT'S THE CLOUD, INFINITE RICHES AWAIT...how could it possibly fail? :lol:

Grizzellda wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:52 pm Well Jace, :hihi: I think Reason should focus on being Reason...

...and hey! looks like they have a new modular synth available now, so stuff like that, actually. :hihi: 8) :hihi: 8)
Yeah, that’s a weird one. It seems kind of redundant, doesn’t it? I mean, Reason is itself a modular environment, with cables.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

PH mobile effort had always been cool stuff and then no further development (kinda apply to Reason to a degree but that's another topic..) Allihoopa should've been developed much further but they basically did nth to it since release. Figure was such a good tool that gone to waste. Not spending a dime on Reason mobile after all the history (still bitter with Rebirth and Thor getting no love on ios..)

Nope, not surprised at all
Sweet child in time...

Jace-BeOS wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:42 am
Grizzellda wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:52 pm Well Jace, :hihi: I think Reason should focus on being Reason...

Yeah, that’s a weird one. It seems kind of redundant, doesn’t it? I mean, Reason is itself a modular environment, with cables.
Right, all those cables! :clap:

So...well, I haven't checked the new synth out, but I think that they could have more strength in this area than in the social media stuff, as you have astutely commented on. :hihi:

In today's virtual environment, perhaps all these smaller social media outlets will become like "small towns", and Facebook, Instagram, and others, will be the "big cities"! :tu:

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”