Processing Ipad Pro audio

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What sample rate / bitrate does the Ipad Pro DAC (2017) support ?

What is the difference regarding audio quality between the Ipad’s headphone out and staying digital, i.e. feeding the audio signal into a CC compliant audio interface (Babyface Pro) via lightning/camera connection kit and using the ADAT output to the DAW.

Background: I want to process IOS synths in my Win10 DAW (Studio One Pro 4 / Fireface UC) and want to use the best possible signal path.

iOS Devices support up to 96kHz in 24 Bit.

the difference between the headphone out (if it still has one) vs. via a good interface, like the Baby Pro, is very noticable (if you also have some halfway decent speakers, I assume).

Some iOS-Musicians have no clue how good some apps _actually_ sound, because they never heard it with a decent interface.

You should also take a look at Studiomux app from AppBC. Just connect your iPad with the lightning / USB-C docking cable with the PC and it integrates the iPad directly into the DAW with 8 Stereo I/O channels (IIRC). A $10 investment wellworth a try.

mindnoise wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:42 pm iOS Devices support up to 96kHz in 24 Bit.

the difference between the headphone out (if it still has one) vs. via a good interface, like the Baby Pro, is very noticable (if you also have some halfway decent speakers, I assume).

Some iOS-Musicians have no clue how good some apps _actually_ sound, because they never heard it with a decent interface.

You should also take a look at Studiomux app from AppBC. Just connect your iPad with the lightning / USB-C docking cable with the PC and it integrates the iPad directly into the DAW with 8 Stereo I/O channels (IIRC). A $10 investment wellworth a try.
Thanks, and yes to sound quality of some IOS synths like Animoog, Moog Model D, Sunrizer, Korg Module/Gadget and not to forget great host solutions like AUM and others. I wholeheartedly agree: you need to hear them using a decent audio interface. And you need play them with a decent midi keyboard! Once you do that the Ipad synths are on par with most VSTIs. At a fraction of the price.
I dont know Studiomux, will check this.

Yes - iOS Devices support up to 96kHz in 24 Bit
Recording via Lightning/USBc port is preferable

G
Don't ask me, I just play here.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”