NanoStudio 2 is very close....finally!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hope all is well for everyone, random post to try and bypass the spam filter elsewhere, but to speak on the topic, hope the app can grow as I was a big fan of the first.

When is the iphone version out?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:04 pm When is the iphone version out?
The developer says something about March 2019.

So very un-intuitive. Crap

Cubasis is the king of DAW

Atlatnesiti wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:49 am I have paid - all in aus $ as follows:
49$ - Nanostudio 2
9 of 9.99$ - each of so called expansion packs
Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:49 pm Btw; I have bought it plus couple of sound packs in hope that extra money will help and speed up the process of this app developent.
You should seek treatment soon.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Worth a look.
Also think about you can easy run 30+ instances of Obsidian on even an iPad Air 1 or maybe 100+ on the latest devices.
I wish more versatile desktop plug-ins would be so efficient. Obsidian also has some tricks most of my desktop synths are missing.
https://youtu.be/YjoCaJaYRg0
Last edited by Cinebient on Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Obsidian is bland in comparison to a good desktop synth, it is bland compared to Synthmaster One on IOS.
It's a perfect representation of NS2 as a whole, everything in Nanostudio is great, put together in such a piss poor way that it becomes a non fluid cluster funk to work with, biggest let down of 2018.
Duh

bungle wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:46 pm Obsidian is bland in comparison to a good desktop synth, it is bland compared to Synthmaster One on IOS.
It's a perfect representation of NS2 as a whole, everything in Nanostudio is great, put together in such a piss poor way that it becomes a non fluid cluster funk to work with, biggest let down of 2018.
Well, if that is your experience and opinion it is of course legit to say. But i did not heard any better outcome of any iOS DAW when i look at the NanoStudio forum song posts.
It seems people really love it and get inspired and it seems the most stable iOS DAW, like v1 was for years for me. It also has things no (or just very few) other iOS DAW seems to have i would call standard like group tracks. F.e. i could say the same clusterfuck about BM3 while i loved BM2. But then i say that about all current iOS DAWs. Maybe it is because i´m used to Logic and NS2 comes closest to it.
But if you have constructive critic i would like to know what is so bad with NS2.
I mean i would not use Obsidian to replace Dune 3, P900, Reaktor or whatever but these all use 20 times more cpu...even for similar sounds.
The only negative thing i can say about NS2 is the missing audio tracks. But if i can run 50 tracks on old devices i can live even without that.
I agree that Synthmaster One is a superb synth but i personally prefer Obsidian here beside for some specific sounds maybe. But then there are far better synths out there as Synthmaster One also for my taste...even stock synths inside Logic.

Obsidian is a fantastic synth/sampler!

It is easy to use Synthmaster One inside NS2. Arguing that other synths are better than Obsidian is pointless since it is super easy to use AU synths in NS2. NS2 has integrated Audioshare Import making it super easy to use IAA apps via MIDI & Audioshare in NS2. There are plenty of options. Anyone who wants to use other synths can do so.

Audio Tracks were delayed so the app could be available sooner. So what? AudioShare can record audio and most iOS music producers already have that app. Most people are thrilled to have NS2 sooner, but there will always be people who just want to nit-pick and complain because they seem to think that publically tearing down a DAW app will bolster the standing of their personal favorite DAW. I find this behaviour to be childish. IOS DAW are super cheap compared to desktop platforms. It is very easy and affordable to have multiple iOS DAW and use those tools however you see fit without wasting time online disparaging the hard work of developers or positive opinions of Users. If one tool is less useful than others, use others.

NS2 is at v 1.0 (basically). What did all those other DAW have at v1.0? Did they not add features over time? Of course they did. Look at the Version History of those apps. Slamming NS2 because it wasn’t fully formed at birth?! That is crazy. It shows that negative posters just have an adgenda. Also, many apps were released too soon and they were, and sometimes still are, buggy and crashed a lot. NS2 took longer to develop so that it could be released as a rock-steady app that musicians can rely upon. No crashing! Users should appreciate the quality of that. Non-Users claim that because that app took along time to code that it is somehow inferior? More false criticisms by people with adgendas who try to make other apps look better. Any app should stand on it’s own and not require bashing of other apps to make itself look better. We don’t like people who do this, talk badly about other people to make themselves appear better, and we don’t like people do this about other apps.

NS2 is super intuitive and easy to create music. I know Cinebient’s work with Nanostudio - he has created some really great music with that app. Those who say negative things about NS2 and boast that any other DAW is far superior are welcome to those opinions, but let’s hear your music so we can judge the real quality of your opinions. Post your SoundCloud links so we can hear how amazing you favorite DAW is and be impressed by your amazing musical talents.

For those who are just playing around with sample loops and beats they have downloaded from 3rd party sites, let us know that. There is a difference between playing with loops and musicians who create music from scratch (including their own loops if that is a preferred workflow). I’m guessing there are a lot of beat makers that can’t play a keyboard (or other real instrument) but feel free to disparage any app that isn’t their preferred little baby. That’s piss poor behavior.

The internet is full of that sort of crap, and I am appalled that forums like this can be used for such negative purposes. There was a time when musicians were typically creative-types that were super open to other ideas and supportive of other musicians, even if the musical genres were totally different. Now it seems the millenials have infected the internet with pissy attitude and everyone just seems to accept that there is nothing to be done about it. That may well be the case, but I hope that real musicians can see through the negative crap on the internet. A bunch of immature people hiding behind keyboards who would never have the guts to be so insulting to one’s face. I assume that the bulk of people on this forum are more mature, but just choose not to express their displeasure at such negative posting in a hope that negative posters will go away. Maybe they will, or maybe allowing such posts makes a forum seem to tacitly agree.

Nano studio 1 was where my iPad music began in 2011. My first tune was an acid parody made with the NanoStudio app and iPad synths like Rebirth, Sunrizer and Nanostudio's Eden synth on a small screened iPod touch:

https://soundcloud.com/incarnatex/computer-children

Since it was a test, I did not layer NS1’s Eden synth and it came out pretty thin as you can hear on the track. The lead lines following the verses are Eden. If I should buy NS2, the Obsidian synth has to deliver much better. I do not like layering synths but prefer one that does the job.

If anyone has compared Eden and Obsidian, I am all ears about your opinions.

Btw: Voices are from the VOX3000 text to speak generator, iVoxel Vocoder/vocal phrase player, a twisted sample (children) and were triggered from NS1’s sample pads.

IncarnateX wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:28 pm If anyone has compared Eden and Obsidian, I am all ears about your opinions.
Obsidian is a LOT more powerfull than Eden, has LOT better filters, oscillators and other stuff. It's not supperior just in plain list of all modulation posibilities, it's also much advanced in sound.

Maybe some examples would help you .. all tracks in this playlist are pure NS2 production, only Obsidian (and build in FXs) used for production, no external processing, no AUfx. That is example what you can do with just NS2

https://soundcloud.com/blip-interactive ... o-projects

another examples (my own music :))

https://soundcloud.com/ray_subject/interactions
https://soundcloud.com/ray_subject/skeletons-in-head (piano is Ravenscroft 275, but rest is Obsidian)

also this user makes some awesome "NS2 only" music, one exampe - check there is more on his youtube account
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HqN8vqEScQ

This is showcase of some presets from one IAP purchase, this also speaks for itself about Obsidian sonic quality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8SjfsEEBCM

Also very good idea is to watch this deep review of Obsidian made by Jakob Haq, maybe it answers lot of your questions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjoCaJaYRg0

At the end, try go thourgh this thread and listen user's creations - many of them are using NS only and their tracks sounds awesome.
https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/commu ... megathread

Cool. Thanks, mate. Will listen later. I am on a train and forgot my earphones :dog:

I must agree with dendy. When I first used NS2 I was blown away by the sound quality. I also like to use other synth apps, but I have made many songs with just Obsidian and Slate. The unlimited tracks makes it possible to do just about anything. The IAP soundpacks are very useful as well. NS2 is at least 10 times better han NS1. I’m very happy with it. It’ll take a few days to learn the layout, which is different from NS1 (in a very good way). Eden had some nice qualities for a wavetable synth, but Obsidian offers that and a whole lot more. I think anyone who liked NS1 would love NS2.

This app is the best, love it cant wait for the audio release

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”