Is there an alternative to iRig Duo and all that's needed to run it?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I am running iRig Pro, which needs a power cable (doesn't charge the iPad), so I need to add the iRig Powerbridge to keep iPad charged which then means there is a power supply cable as well for the Power Bridge, and then all the cables to go to the iPad and then cable for sending receiving MIDI....man, there HAS to be a better, neater solution somewhere.....isn't there??

After the release of the iRig Pro and iRig PowerBridge we did look deeper into this topic. To keep things as simple as possible, we came up with the iRig Pro I/O. This unit can be used with our PSU3a for power and iOS charging. This means all you need is your iRig Pro I/O, cable to connect to iOS, and PSU3a to get started. There would be no need for the iRig PowerBridge in this case.

Read more on the iRig Pro I/O

Be sure to also check out the iRig BlueBoard. This may help provide you with a wireless MIDI solution depending on what message you need to send.

Read more on the iRig BlueBoard

Hope this helps!
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

But does it have the dual Audio and MIDI i/o capability? why you guys did't simple allow the iRig Pro to charge as well is odd. But I guess there were reasons!

And no included power supply, and it is touted as being able to charge...oh but wait, it can....you just gotta spend more money if you want that option.

Another example of the IKM dirty marketing tricks.... putting all prices on their website excl. VAT to make them look lower.

Their hardware is seriously overpriced. Almost 50 Euro for a power supply, really? There's nothing special about it, it's just a standard 'Made in China' power supply that costs like 1 euro for IKM. That's nearly 5000% profit margin.

These people are worse than Apple :evil:

Your cost analysis is way off the mark (not to mention we use a power supply designed to NOT be plagued with noise and other issues you would find with the cheap type you assume we use), and iRig Pro was released quite a while ago and we were able to add the charging ability with iRig Pro I/O upon its release (which Create Digital Music called "close to being a perfect mobile music accessory" - mainly wishing for full-sized MIDI ports onboard and wanting multi/stereo input).

Well, it says 'Made in China' on this picture:
https://static.bax-shop.de/image/produc ... arge-2.jpg

It also looks exactly the same as the power supply that comes with most gear, I actually have several of them (for example: for my Ableton Push 2). Oh yeah, and not-so-greedy manyfacturers actually include such a power supply with their products.

Native Instruments sells their power supplies at 25 Euro, VAT included. I'm sure they're still making profit on them, which is normal for any business. So yeah, 39.99 without VAT is a pure rip-off for a power supply.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:28 pm .............we were able to add the charging ability with iRig Pro I/O upon its release (which Create Digital Music called "close to being a perfect mobile music accessory" - mainly wishing for full-sized MIDI ports onboard and wanting multi/stereo input).
yeah, but ONLY when you buy an additional accessory! Users, if they want to charge, are forced to buy a power supply...imo if you are offering a product and spruiking it to be able to do something then it SHOULD do it out of the box, not only after buying further accessories

I used an IRig Pro Duo for stage use for a while, along with the BlueBoard but eventually got pissed off by the company’s greed and replaced it with a Focusrite iTrack Dock which I find much handier and better sounding. I control it with a Softstep 2. A very flexible setup and the dock charges the iPad while in use.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”