Propellerhead announces "Reason Compact" (now at version 2.0)

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

borrachoruso wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:52 pm you can't open project files in Reason rack. Only individual devices and combinator presets.

What I mean is Compact exporting an Ableton project file that opened up the corresponding Reason device in the Reason Rack plugin for each track.

I don’t mind Reason Compact for what it is. It’s a nice scratchpad, and it’s improving a little bit at a time. What bothers me is the ridiculous pricing. It’s just a very basic scratchpad with only three devices. I’d pay $10, maybe even $20 for the whole app (pretty steep for what it offers, but acceptable as a one-time cost)…but charging $13.99 for each device is a total nonstarter. Two of them are extremely basic (they were thrown in for free in a point update of Reason), yet they cost the same amount as Europa (the only thing in the app that’s actually worth paying for — even though I already own it as part of Reason and as a VST). And you can’t even create multiple instances of them. What happens when they add a new device? Each one is going to cost $13.99?

It’s a nice app. I want to see it get better and support them in the process, but I’ll never use it until they figure out how to charge a fair, one-time price for it. It simply doesn’t deliver $40 of value — much less whatever it will end up costing after they add another two or three Mickey Mouse synths at $13.99 each.
Stormchild

I’m battling to record over my backing on my IPhone 6. Although the backing repeats, after I hit the Play and then Record button, the recording loop starts to repeat as well and adds to what was recorded to make a mess.
Stan
stanshear@gmail.com

Sample loading, Mute, Grain and Kong coming soon...

festeringheap wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:09 pm Sample loading, Mute, Grain and Kong coming soon...
I realize you’re just throwing conjecture, but Kong? Nope, very unlikely.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:16 pm
festeringheap wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:09 pm Sample loading, Mute, Grain and Kong coming soon...
Just giving you the opportunity to return the favor for a blown call... :wink: :hihi:

festeringheap wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:43 pm
EnochLight wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:16 pm
Just giving you the opportunity to return the favor for a blown call... :wink: :hihi:
Huh? No clue what that means.

I’m just saying we won’t see Kong in Reason Compact because it’s not an RE. They made Rhythmik RE from the ground up for that reason. And trust me - I really wish it had been Kong! :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”