Propellerhead announces "Reason Compact" (now at version 2.0)

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

paradisebunny wrote:one great aspect of this is that if you link your account you get a free copy of Reason 10 Lite!
I've read this in a few places. Is it correct though?

The IAP in Reason Compact still don't seem to be working. I wonder when they will be available & how much they'll cost? Would be nice to be able to at least unlock the Europa parameters. If it costs like a dollar to do so I'm game.

But presumably (hopefully) more content will come. Somewhat concerned Reason Compact could turn into a Propellerhead AIP fest! Not down with that. Would rather the product be a little more finished at launch with a price. If it was good I'd buy without hesitation. Then if more AIP stuff comes along you can add as you wish.

Currently though it's utterly underwhelming & I don't think it should even carry the 'Reason' name. It's not Reason Compact it's Europa Compact. At least that's what is it now. Everything else is very speculative at the moment. App feels incomplete.

People keep saying this is FREE! It might be free to download but it's immediately clear this will require AIP's to use what little is there even now! A lot of Apps are FREE. But you can't do much with them without buying something.

Dogboy73 wrote:
paradisebunny wrote:one great aspect of this is that if you link your account you get a free copy of Reason 10 Lite!
I've read this in a few places. Is it correct though?
Yes, it's correct.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

I wouldn't exactly say that Compact is buggy, but I've already crashed it once and several times- while trying to change a parameter-the app senses my finger drag as a swipe to get into the next panel, rather than a finger drag up/down on the resonance knob, for ie.

It's too bad that you can only have either a major key or a minor key scale for the keyboard. Probably to keep the keyboard size constant, but still,...a 12 tone keyboard would be welcome as well...
Dogboy73 wrote:[Somewhat concerned Reason Compact could turn into a Propellerhead AIP fest! Not down with that.
Yes, it's all about the money. And what you personally need.
Reason Compact is not AUv3 compatible. But for a small fee you may buy it in the future.
There is no Midi in/Out. But for a small fee you can unlock that feature as well.
Tons of patches to buy for synths and drum packs to buy for the inevitable drum player coming.
And maybe an IAP to get different scales...Geez, where does it end?

Well, they're not a charity. Of course they're going to sell things to make money. IAP's have been the business model for mobile apps for years.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Reason compact, or should I say Europa lite, is mega disappointment.
Remember now pulled off Rebirh?
What a wonderful app it was.
So called Reason compact is NOT Reason, it’s CRAP

This is just a revamped Figure.
But a very nice bonus of Reason Lite (pc/mac) when you register.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Atlatnesiti wrote:Reason compact, or should I say Europa lite, is mega disappointment.
Remember now pulled off Rebirh?
What a wonderful app it was.
So called Reason compact is NOT Reason, it’s CRAP

That's because Reason Compact's Product Manager - Hanna Astrand - knows nothing about music production. In fact she had to take a music production 101 course this past spring. Yet they put her in charge of this operation.

https://youtu.be/3ALGPUGvU4Q?t=2m50s

Are you guys serious?? I love this product! :love:

Overall it's a very promising project with lots of potential to grow into something really inspiring and useful. :clap:

Kudos to the product manager of Reason Compact for a great app! :tu:

Sailor16 wrote:Are you guys serious?? I love this product! :love:

Overall it's a very promising project with lots of potential to grow into something really inspiring and useful. :clap:

Hi Hanna. How are you?
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

BMoore wrote:

Hi Hanna. How are you?
Seriously? So lame..
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote:
BMoore wrote:

Hi Hanna. How are you?
Seriously? So lame..
Ditto.

Looking forward to grab all the featured sound packs as well, now that they're available as in-app purchases. :phones:

My current #1 feature request would be the possibility to select and lock any 1 bar out of the maximum 8 for playback in loop mode during editing, instead of having to playback all the bars from the beginning.

BMoore wrote:
starflakeprj wrote:
BMoore wrote:

Hi Hanna. How are you?
Seriously? So lame..
Ditto.
Ditto? Is that your defense? Hilarious!
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote:
BMoore wrote:
starflakeprj wrote:
BMoore wrote:

Hi Hanna. How are you?
Seriously? So lame..
Ditto.
Ditto? Is that your defense? Hilarious!
Defense?!

Look at that post. It’s the equivalent of a Russian Trump troll post. Talk about lame.

Just a comment on the Reason Lite verson you can get when maming an account in Compact.
I now remember how difficult it is to swith to Reason’s workflow from my customized workflow setup and layout in Reaper.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”