Finally first Fabfilter AUv3

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pro-Q 3

So it starts with Pro-Q2 and i guess more will follow.
So now more pro plug-ins come to iOS....as usual for a fraction of the price.

Good news. But still a hefty price for an iOS effect.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

It's great that one of the best plugins out there gets ported. But I have to ask: why exactly do we need ios versions? Is there really anyone producing on iphone?

edit: I wouldn't mind the price. It is a format that keeps the devs working on it and it's only for a small amount of people. And since they can afford Apple products they can afford these plugin too :D
Last edited by MirkoVanHauten on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i agree it is a tad overpriced.. but then again... so are the rest of their product. i reckon it is par for their course lol
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

HQ products have their price. Couldn't care less about AUv3 though.

I’m finishing up a project right now that was written and recorded on an iPad. We went on vacation to the beach. I knew the location would be inspiring, but didn’t want to lug a bunch gear around. Plus, it was easy to just sneak off to some place on the boardwalk and knock out ideas.

I was considering handling all the mixing/mastering in my normal desktop setup, but it looks like a fun challenge to just do everything on the iPad. Probably easier than shuffling all those track into my normal DAW also. Using Cubasis with the Waves stuff and AUs like Q2 should get the job done.

Considering the desktop version costs $180, getting the exact same plugin for $30 doesn’t seem like that bad of a deal. You can get other EQ plugins on iOS for cheap, but the fabfilter EQ does literally 10x more stuff. It’s more of a mixing and mastering processor than just an EQ.

You could probably also use studiomux, musicIO, or IDAM to run Q2/iPad with a desktop DAW. That way your paying $150 less than the desktop version without any addtional CPU hit as an added bonus.

MirkoVanHauten wrote: But I have to ask: why exactly do we need ios versions? Is there really anyone producing on iphone?
There's allegedly also something called iPad now. I don't know. Google it.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

from what i can tell it is a fine EQ... all fab stuff is overpriced imo but in their defense so are a LOT of plugins. personally i am considering gettin' it for the ipad since i do some parts with the device when i am not home. if it is the same as the desktop version... $30 is better than $180 :) cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

BMoore wrote:
MirkoVanHauten wrote: But I have to ask: why exactly do we need ios versions? Is there really anyone producing on iphone?
Hahahahaha, brilliant.
Duh

marzelli wrote:HQ products have their price. Couldn't care less about AUv3 though.
but what's the point in NOT using it as plugin?

The whole point of Pro-Q coming to iOs IS AUv3-Plug-Ins.

- just asking :)

BMoore wrote:

If that's true, it can't take too long until they come out with a more powerful "Pro" version...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”