iRig Blueboard for windows

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, for some pathetic reason iKMultimedia decided that supporting windows was not worth it. Now It's time to waste my time implementing such features(I want to use it for page turning and such on both windows an android).

While I probably won't get to actual implementation issues for a while... and I might just send it back and spend a few more bucks to get something to work, considering how cheap the blueboard is (I thought it would at least be metal, or have a metal base, rather than all flimsy plastic, it's about a 30-40$ product). I've popped it open and it uses a bluegiga BLE112 bluetooth module. This uses an 8051 processor and so it seems like it would be relatively easy to hack or replace with a different module(such as one from a bluetooth keyboard, and hard wire the buttons to things like page down, page up, etc). I'd like a relatively full functional midi controller though, so I think it's appropriate to hack the BLE112 and replace the firmware with my own.

Not necessarily a simple project given the unknowns but probably mostly basic programming and probably no EE required. Learning the BLE112 specifics is going to be where all the work is at and possibly implementing midi over bluetooth.

Anyone interested in tackling the problem with me as to reduce the wasted time? e.g., either know about the BLE112 module specifies, midi over bluetooth, 8051, etc?

:wink:

How to down for window

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”