Roli Seaboard Block is there

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Don't have one yet, just got it

I just tried for one hour or more to setup a GARAGEBAND project on my iPad with noise packs (8 bars and 4 tracks - not really big thing), export it as audio file and sadly miserably failed, because my 2017 iPad has allegedly not enough RAM to handle it...
This way is a complete disaster...

Generally I just tend to use my iPad like a hardware synth and feed the audio into my Mac (using an iConnect interface).

aMUSEd wrote:Generally I just tend to use my iPad like a hardware synth and feed the audio into my Mac (using an iConnect interface).
I‘ll try that, thanks.

Other point:
ROLI says that the Lightpad block as to be bought from a licenced retailer to get this Noise sound pack offer. Thomann eg is on that list and asks for 179€. On Amazon it‘s sold by a company not on that list but 20€ cheaper. Don‘t know if there‘s a risk to buy from Amazon...

Don't know - I'm buying from Amazon and that is on the list

In Germany there‘s only Thomann and some other sellers, no Amazon on that list. However, I invested the 20€ plus at Thomann to be on the safe side.
By the way: the connection between iPad / iPhone and DAW is pretty easy when you‘re on Mac. Even me myself has worked it out...

Anyone got a Loop block? Does record/play only work in Noise or does it function as transport in DAWs too?

aMUSEd wrote:Anyone got a Loop block? Does record/play only work in Noise or does it function as transport in DAWs too?
Still not clear about this

Also do connected blocks share the same power supply?

I'm considering picking up a used Seaboard block, or a new one during next sale. Seems like mostly positive impressions of the unit's quality with the negatives being no pedal output, very small keys, keybed going from C to B instead of C to C which is a little annoying but obviously for expanding, player version of software, no Bluetooth for windows.
But, it flat out looks awesome for lead synths. I also use Reaper and can use multiple midi devices at once, so should be able to use my keystation or mpd 32 for expression or sustain pedals. I was all set to buy a Rise 49, but then my PC died and I blew all my money on a new one. Considering I'm a mediocre piano player and would use this mainly for leads with SWAM instruments and playing chords mainly with one hand, it's probably a better idea at least until I develop enough proficiency to make a full sized Rise worthwhile.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”