Roli Seaboard Block is there

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's fine I was thinking more like 3-4 at most - and I wouldn't just be using Equator

So do they automatically transpose across the keyboard range?

OK close to getting this even if the local Gear4Music were useless and wouldn't enable me to test one in the showroom (I'll buy it from Amazon instead).

Just 2 more questions - I know this connects to my Mac via Bluetooth

1) What's the latency like?
2) If I have several devices joined together do they show up as just one bluetooth midi device or does each of them communicate separately? (that would suck)

At least my Block and Seaboard Block, if attached, are one device, though as long they are not connected both, bluetooth device show up, but if one of them is connected, the other disapears and the connected one is servicing both...

Thanks - bought one for now - more if it works as I want

So what hosts/plugins does it work best with? From what I've been able to gather so far I have:

Logic
Bitwig 2.4+
Waveform 9?

Equator obviously
FXPansion Strobe 2/Cypher 2 (when out)
Omnisphere 2
Madrona plugins
Falcon?

What am I missing?

Also I already have Strobe 2 but does the ROLI version include additional content?

Is there no way to automate Equator macro controls in hosts? They don't appear to have any automation params.

Oh great so I buy a Seaboard block and now there's an offer for 15 Noise packs free just a few days later :( :x

aMUSEd wrote:Oh great so I buy a Seaboard block and now there's an offer for 15 Noise packs free just a few days later :( :x
Buy a light block additionally...

Yeah maybe, have to wait now till payday though

Not sure if I need it yet though - does it really add anything I can't do with the Seaboard block? (it already does all the 5D stuff and I'm not interested in Drumming sounds)

Can I use it as an XY for example with Alchemy's morphgrid?

aMUSEd wrote:Yeah maybe, have to wait now till payday though

Not sure if I need it yet though - does it really add anything I can't do with the Seaboard block? (it already does all the 5D stuff and I'm not interested in Drumming sounds)

Can I use it as an XY for example with Alchemy's morphgrid?
Don‘t know but think so.
I bought the Seaboard block as well recently and actually think about adding the Lightpad and the Touch block to enhance its expressive and control capabilities. As I said: I‘m a novice in MPE world but totally impressed.

There's a video on their site of it being used to control X, Y and Z in Live (not sure what Z would map to in Alchemy?) - that's pretty cool

https://roli.com/learn/how-to-use-a-lig ... leton-live

Just found it on Amazon for £50 less than on the Roli site anyway so bought it :)

aMUSEd wrote:Just found it on Amazon for £50 less than on the Roli site anyway so bought it :)
Cheaper than Thomann?

On Thomann it seems to be £159

https://www.thomann.de/gb/roli_lightpad_block_m.htm

I got mine for £139 but it was the last one they had in store

there's another couple in a different store for £140 though

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ROLI-Lightpad- ... tpad+block

What's your workflow to integrate your Noise projects into Logic to refine them further on?

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”