Roli Seaboard Block is there

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

small version of a Seaboard Rise, comes with Equator player

https://roli.com/products/blocks/seaboard-block

https://support.roli.com/article/equato ... r-presets/

Many of the names of the soundpatches remind me of what's in the Noise App.

tele
Listen to me at soundcklick:
www.soundclick.com/wewritesongs

Put in an order since it's considerably cheaper than the other Seaboard devices and seems to work like the rest of them given their demo. I've been enjoying Noise and the Lightpad Block a lot more than I thought it would; mostly as a sketching/starting point for tracks.

Would prefer it had the full Equator software, but the player looks pretty decent from the screenshots and looks like it can be used as a VST in my DAW.

It would be good if there was an upgrade path to the full Equator - that might be enough to interest me.

So I'm also wondering if you can stick more than one of these together to create a larger keyboard?

aMUSEd wrote:So I'm also wondering if you can stick more than one of these together to create a larger keyboard?
It looks like that, yes....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SCug5kUsBs

aMUSEd wrote:So I'm also wondering if you can stick more than one of these together to create a larger keyboard?
Tha's exactly what they die in the demon Videos.
tele

aMUSEd wrote:It would be good if there was an upgrade path to the full Equator - that might be enough to interest me.
I chatted with ROLI Support and asked about this. But there is no way, at least currently.
Suggestion: everyone Go to their site for chatting about this. To make them Unterstand how importend this is for us users.

It is why the top 'C' is missing :tu:

325 euros! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit: I guess in relation to their 'Rise' line, it works out ok. Still think I would prefer the '25' over the blocks, but the idea of stringing 3 blocks together is quite interesting
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Update: I just received info about that from ROLI
"Equator Player will be available soon for all BLOCKS owners, new and existing"
"Equator Player is being timed to release with the Seaboard Block, so it should be available very soon"

"Equator Player is a desktop app for MacOS and Windows that is bundled with new Lightpad Blocks and Seaboard Blocks."
I logged in to my Roli account and it seems they mean what they say. There is no download link for me.
As a customer who bought a block in April, you don't get the Equator player? ... :shock:

tele
Last edited by telebunke on Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well I am quite excited about this.

I've kinda wanted a seaboard before, but the price was just a bit too much for something I wasn't really sure how much I would like.
I guess also as a longtime piano player I have a feeling it might take a while to get used to.
But as a long time synth nerd, the possibilities just seem like too much fun.

Plus I have needed a small Keyboard for my live setup for a while, and I feel like the Seaboard block, plus a Live block and the XY thingy would be pretty awesome for messing around with synths in a live set. Added to that the ability to add more seaboard blocks down the track if I fall in love and need a bigger keyboard....

I dunno but I think this is suddenly all making sense to me. ROLI had me a bit perplexed with some of their products and decisions, but I am now thinking that some fairly clever people are behind all of this.
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

telebunke wrote:"Equator Player is a desktop app for MacOS and Windows that is bundled with new Lightpad Blocks and Seaboard Blocks."
I logged in to my Roli account and it seems they mean what they say. There is no download link for me.
As a customer who bought a block in April, you don't get the Equator player? ... :shock:
tele
I just realised that the Equator Player will be released together with the "Seaboard Block", which is gonna be in a couple of weeks...

telebunke wrote:
telebunke wrote:"Equator Player is a desktop app for MacOS and Windows that is bundled with new Lightpad Blocks and Seaboard Blocks."
tele
I just realized that the Equator Player will possibly be released together with the "Seaboard Block", which is gonna be in a couple of weeks...

telebunke wrote:
tele
I just realized that the Equator Player will possibly be released together with the "Seaboard Block", which is gonna be in a couple of weeks...
Update: I just received info about that from ROLI
"Equator Player will be available soon for all BLOCKS owners, new and existing"
"Equator Player is being timed to release with the Seaboard Block, so it should be available very soon"

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:325 euros! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit: I guess in relation to their 'Rise' line, it works out ok. Still think I would prefer the '25' over the blocks, but the idea of stringing 3 blocks together is quite interesting
The Linnstrument 128 is 4 octaves and fits in a backpack. Well, you could make it 10 octaves (128 notes without overlap) but that is not as easily played. There is also an octave per row option which would be 8 octaves, but again, not sure how playable that is. I'll get around to trying it at some point.

It does not need a dashboard app. All configuration is fast and easy on the Linnstrument itself without a display and menus to have to dive into. The interface is brilliant really. There are Strum, Arp and Step Sequencer modes and you can do a split with different settings on each. It can be used without a computer and plugs into lots of older hardware synths since it has midi out.

Not cheap, but it is a beautiful well built instrument that is their one mature product line that they keep refining. It's solid and essentially bug free.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”