Korg iPolysix for iPad!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I picked it up last night, and really had a lot of fun playing with it. I have never played with a real one, so I can't really compare, but I like the sound it has. :-) I hope this thing gets the needed things to let it play nice with others (ie virtual midi, play in the background, audiobus, etc). :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

I have a few issues that I'd love to have them solve for an update version...

- MIDI sync for the arp
- MIDI control of the drum parts
- MIDI control of the various parameters/knobs
- MIDI control the 2 iPolys at the same time

Ned Bouhalassa wrote:I have a few issues that I'd love to have them solve for an update version...

- MIDI sync for the arp
- MIDI control of the drum parts
- MIDI control of the various parameters/knobs
- MIDI control the 2 iPolys at the same time
MIDI control of synth2 and the drum parts is possible via MIDI channels 2-8.

But +1 for MIDI control. I have not tried syncing to an external signal yet.

martin_l wrote:MIDI control of synth2 and the drum parts is possible via MIDI channels 2-8. .
Very, very cool of you to share that info! Thanks! :)

i really dont want to disappoint the people with suggestions to improve this software but a closer look to the other korg products in the store reveals:nearly zero support.None of the wished features (virtual midi,background audio)are in an iMS 20 for example and the last update from their stuff is a year ago.So,i dont expect audiobus support as well.I dont expect anything.Sadly,you can just take it as it is...or leave it.Thats Korg on IOS.

And for a software that will finally cost 29,99$ thats quite a hard deal imo.I dont own any of the iOS Korgs because of their price policy,missing important features and zero support.

But who needs to hear on customer if a lot of people just buy it again,no matter what it cost.

In this case i'm not better and i'll buy this one cause the Polysix was my first analog synth and i still like the simple,straight forward interface combined with chord memory and....a beautiful look :)

and at least it has Audio Copy/paste.Thats soemthing Garageband users still dreaming about ;-)

Can the presets made on the iPolysix be extracted and imported in the vst version? That would make the iPolysix a nice piece of equipment for sound experimentiation without the need to have your DAW around.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Ned Bouhalassa wrote:I made me a little demo for it this mornin'. This emulation sounds pretty dope considering it's a lot smaller than the real thing! :o

http://soundcloud.com/ned-bouhalassa/fe ... little-six
I like it :-)
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Timfonie wrote:Can the presets made on the iPolysix be extracted and imported in the vst version? That would make the iPolysix a nice piece of equipment for sound experimentiation without the need to have your DAW around.
I would say no.the structure is not the same,this one here has additional noise and HP\LP Filter i.e.,the vst dont...
and nothing in the manual about this.

What about playin the keyboard and recording the notes?

maybe i overlooked it in the manual but i couldn't find any info about this...

The Kaoss Pads bonus is coming in real handy! Turns out I have more fun playing a lead line with the left Kaoss instead of a traditional keyboard, and filter sweeps with the right Kaoss, at the same time. Pentatonic minor scale, and all is sweeeeeet! :love:

i bought it now and i have to say,the spund IS really sweet.It seems the sound is a bit warmer/silkier than the Legacy one but maybe the nice(r) design is responsible for that feeling :)

Turn the ensemble,pwm and sub on...and you are in poly lushland again.Not bad,makes up the missing features a bit.

But i HATE the start screen.Whenever you are going to other apps and return to the Korg its starts the whole app again (but it saves the progress!).and this takes too much time.And you have to look at the original Polysix while you are waiting for the app to start.That hurts :)

Crabshack wrote:And for a software that will finally cost 29,99$ thats quite a hard deal imo.I dont own any of the iOS Korgs because of their price policy,missing important features and zero support.

But who needs to hear on customer if a lot of people just buy it again,no matter what it cost.

In this case i'm not better and i'll buy this one cause the Polysix was my first analog synth and i still like the simple,straight forward interface combined with chord memory and....a beautiful look :)

and at least it has Audio Copy/paste.Thats soemthing Garageband users still dreaming about ;-)
OTOH, any 'Electronic Musician' in the 70's would have sold his grandma for having access to an iPad ($500), USB keyboard (~$100) and the iPolysix ($30) as it is now....
Are we spoiled?

---I bought this and really like it but I would like the ability to use both oscs at one time to detune and do other things with, my controller only lets me play one midi channel at a time so the other osc is almost kind of wasted. I also can't find a portomento function which I understand wasn't on the original but these two things are really my only complaint, I like the sounds and I guess that should be the most important.

p.s.- everytime I try to access the forum I get this "you are forbidden" message. Anyone else?

Hey is the drum machine in this an "actual" drum machine with drum samples, and an addition to the synth part? Not like in iMS-20 where you had to use/substitute synth voices to have a drum track (which I guess would be an authentic approach, regarding the hardware...).

The 'drum' sounds are made from the iPolysix, not samples.

It looks the same as in the iMS20. When you edit the drum parts, you get the full synth controls, but actually the resulting sounds are sampled and then played back as the drum sounds. Unfortunately, the length of these samples is quite limited. Not enough to trigger some longer sound effects. This has also the effect that e.g. Bpm delay is speeded up when playing a higher pitch of a drum sound which includes a delay effect. Same holds for LFO speed, etc.

But it does not cost any of the synth voices.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”