Educational Discount

Official support for: tal-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I am currently a college student, so I am wondering if there is any sort of educational discount available?

Thank you! :tu:
Trance, Trance Is Life

It is a question to ask here:
https://tal-software.com/about
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

What is your budget? At full price, TAL is as cheap or cheaper than most educational discounts. As far as sound and features, TAL unquestionably offers amazing value for the money. Arguably, you won’t find a “better” sounding VA synth than TAL Mod. TAL Sampler is simply one of if not the best Sample based synthesizer I’ve ever used (beside a Roland V-Synth, a different beast) due to its faithful vintage Sampler emulation. I find both synths to be filled with sweet spots. They have that vibe, that character, that something special.

TAL Mod comes with many great presets which I’ve used as the basis for my own pitches - a first for me, as I usually just roll my own. TAL Sampler comes with an absolutely huge Hollow Sun sample library. I can’t overstate the value that these two instruments have.

However, if I were in college and HAD money to spend, I would get Ableton Live Suite, and if possible the Push 2 controller. When I started, Ableton didn’t support VST instruments, and othe DAWS were complicated and more expensive. I accumulated VST’s and never bothered to upgrade to Suite when Suite became attractive. Now, it’s practically all you need.

Another alternative is Reason 10. The instruments and effects in Reason 10 are very good, and the sequencing and modulation options are very powerful.

I’m suggesting both because both are fully contained solutions and offer all you need and more. No need to buy VSTs

However, if you don’t have the budget for those solutions, you can’t go wrong using a cheaper DAW like Reaper.

And, I might also suggest taking a look at the free VCV Rack. VCV rack is a modular synth. You have tremendous flexibility and potential to make different sounds. However, the learning curve on a modular is higher, and arguably more complex. But it is free.

However, despite all these alternatives, I still go back to the sheer quality of the TAL plugins I mentioned. They are in my opinion, simply some of the best, and very affordable. I have lots of expensive plugins, Ableton Live 9.x and Reason 10 and for me there is just something about those TAL synths.

If you do want to go down the route of buying plugins, avoiding the big all-in-one solutions out there, then TAL plugins Mod and Sampler get my highest recommendation.

Well, I do not actually have a certain budget in mind (which however, does not mean money isn't an issue). I just try different plugins and find the best and cheapest. So if there is an educational discount, why shouldn't I take it. And yes, you are absolutely right, TAL plugins are awesome with very fair price. So with an education discount, it would be an instant buy for me. And I actually received an email from TAL team offering a 40% discount for me. Fantastic! TAL-U-No-LX, here I come! :party:

BTW, I actually already own the Tal-mod (bought it with intro price), which is, as you suggest, very impressive. One of my go-to synth
perpetual3 wrote:What is your budget? At full price, TAL is as cheap or cheaper than most educational discounts. As far as sound and features, TAL unquestionably offers amazing value for the money. Arguably, you won’t find a “better” sounding VA synth than TAL Mod. TAL Sampler is simply one of if not the best Sample based synthesizer I’ve ever used (beside a Roland V-Synth, a different beast) due to its faithful vintage Sampler emulation. I find both synths to be filled with sweet spots. They have that vibe, that character, that something special.

TAL Mod comes with many great presets which I’ve used as the basis for my own pitches - a first for me, as I usually just roll my own. TAL Sampler comes with an absolutely huge Hollow Sun sample library. I can’t overstate the value that these two instruments have.

However, if I were in college and HAD money to spend, I would get Ableton Live Suite, and if possible the Push 2 controller. When I started, Ableton didn’t support VST instruments, and othe DAWS were complicated and more expensive. I accumulated VST’s and never bothered to upgrade to Suite when Suite became attractive. Now, it’s practically all you need.

Another alternative is Reason 10. The instruments and effects in Reason 10 are very good, and the sequencing and modulation options are very powerful.

I’m suggesting both because both are fully contained solutions and offer all you need and more. No need to buy VSTs

However, if you don’t have the budget for those solutions, you can’t go wrong using a cheaper DAW like Reaper.

And, I might also suggest taking a look at the free VCV Rack. VCV rack is a modular synth. You have tremendous flexibility and potential to make different sounds. However, the learning curve on a modular is higher, and arguably more complex. But it is free.

However, despite all these alternatives, I still go back to the sheer quality of the TAL plugins I mentioned. They are in my opinion, simply some of the best, and very affordable. I have lots of expensive plugins, Ableton Live 9.x and Reason 10 and for me there is just something about those TAL synths.

If you do want to go down the route of buying plugins, avoiding the big all-in-one solutions out there, then TAL plugins Mod and Sampler get my highest recommendation.
Trance, Trance Is Life

Nice. With TAL-U-NO-LX you won't never be disappointed.
:tu:

And if you're a preset guy, there are many presets banks which are awesome. Especially from "Vintage Synth Pads", from "Adam Pietruszko", from "Audio Mind Project", from "Kimik", from "Luftrum" and from "Straywork". But most notably from "Vintage Synth Pads".

And if you're not a preset guy, you will also have a blast with this synth which for me is one of the best ever in that range of price. I've been using it in permanence with some others of the same range of price for now years and years.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “TAL Software”