TAL NoiseMaker...

Official support for: tal-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-NoiseMaker

...is just impressive.

Thanks for getting it Free and making such good instruments !

(ktine02)

It absolutely is. Check out the results of last month's OSC contest, all pure NoiseMaker goodness: http://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/osc ... noisemaker

Hey,

just realized that there is a TAL forum inside here.

I got a problem with noizemaker. I like it very much but i get heavy CPU load when using it.

In a blank project i can only run 9 instances of noizemaker. Sometimes one instance raises load on one cpu core to 50%.

Logic 9.1.3, Macbook Pro with a c2d T9400 (2,53Ghz).

In comparison.. i can run about 50 tal basslines :D

Any ideas?

I have the same problem... In my case, it's not actually that NoiseMaker is using a lot of CPU while it's working, but when the sound stops ["note off"], CPU spikes skyhigh. I have AMD Phenom II quad. I tried going back to version 2.x but got the same problem... When you try tweaking the sound's amp release stage, it spikes precisely when the sound seems to end. Spike is like 5-6x the normal CPU usage.

Is that the same thing that happens to you er1c? I wonder how nobody else seem to have noticed that? Maybe that doesn't happen with Core Duo processors although they are better known for their denormal problems than AMD processors as far as I remember? It looks like a denormal problem to me. The developer should know what I'm talking about. ;)

And thank you for a freaking awesome synth Noisemaker is! Hopefully though, this problem will be addressed as it's impossible to use it in bigger projects as it eats up CPU pretty easily when you have a lot of small sounds/notes, like sequences for instance. It's not such a big problem when you use pad sounds, obviously... :)

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

but when the sound stops "note off", CPU spikes skyhigh.
Maybe that doesn't happen with Core Duo processors although they are better known for their denormal problems than AMD processors as far as I remember?
Indeed, on my Intel based PC I don't see any CPU hit. But maybe TAL fixed the problem in the recent version of noisemaker.

For me Noisemaker is still one of the best free VST for MOOG kind of sounds.

DuX wrote:I have the same problem... In my case, it's not actually that NoiseMaker is using a lot of CPU while it's working, but when the sound stops ["note off"], CPU spikes skyhigh. I have AMD Phenom II quad. I tried going back to version 2.x but got the same problem... When you try tweaking the sound's amp release stage, it spikes precisely when the sound seems to end. Spike is like 5-6x the normal CPU usage.
Sounds like a denormals issue alright.

Chris-S wrote: For me Noisemaker is still one of the best free VST for MOOG kind of sounds.
That's interesting because it sounds almost identical to the U-NO-62, or U-NO-LX synths. :P Surely Roland inspired (my guess is that it already was modelled on the Juno-60), but then, if you get Moog kind of sounds out of it, fair enough.

With MOOG sound basically I meant a good sounding filter and snappy envelopes. ;)

Only are missing assignations for the modwheel, which would a stepgiant for expressivity. NoiseMaker is a fine synth.

carla wrote:Only are missing assignations for the modwheel, which would a stepgiant for expressivity. NoiseMaker is a fine synth.
You're right, these features would be a must.

Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Really impressive. Wonder why noone ever commented on this. :)

Woah.. an online version?? Thats so dope!
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Return to “TAL Software”