FR: Tal Drum Sampler 4x4

Official support for: tal-software.com
User avatar
DuX
KVRAF
3754 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from Underworld

Post Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:55 am

This Impact XT is designed excellent. It's got everything you need from a drum machine [not sure about layers per pad?] in a simple layout. :tu:

The only thing that bothers me is envelope faders which are too small. Drums usually need very precise adjustments of envelopes.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

User avatar
RobGee
KVRist
202 posts since 11 Jan, 2014

Re: FR: Tal Drum Sampler 4x4

Post Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:06 pm

I’d be happy with more outs

User avatar
Distorted Horizon
KVRAF
2979 posts since 17 Jan, 2017 from Planet of cats

Re: FR: Tal Drum Sampler 4x4

Post Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:19 pm

If anyone is using Bitwig or Live, just load drum machine device and add tal sampler to as many pads as you want/need.

replicant X
KVRist
218 posts since 30 Jun, 2009 from moon

Re: FR: Tal Drum Sampler 4x4

Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:28 am

32 instances of TAL sampler?
How to backup each instance?
It's nightmare.
I’m majoring in REAPER at Kenny Gioia University.

neverbeeninariot
KVRist
297 posts since 3 Feb, 2015 from UK

Re: FR: Tal Drum Sampler 4x4

Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:46 am

Distorted Horizon wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:19 pm
If anyone is using Bitwig or Live, just load drum machine device and add tal sampler to as many pads as you want/need.
It would be easier to use the Bitwig sampler, no? Then you can drag and drop samples straight to the pads : ) If you need the sampler emulation stuff, then TAL-DAC could be added to the pad chain.

If you're not using Bitwig, then there's more than a few 4x4 (or more) drum samplers around, at various price points, and varying functionality (Nuance (currently 40% off), Atlas, XO, Nerve, Battery, etc...). Or hold out for TAL-Drum... : )

perpetual3
KVRian
1133 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Re: FR: Tal Drum Sampler 4x4

Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:51 am

Patrick has said that for drum samples, the TAL Dac will produce he same sound as Sampler. For instruments, Sampler is needed. So, it seems that using TAL Dac with whatever drum solution of choice will be sufficient.

User avatar
Distorted Horizon
KVRAF
2979 posts since 17 Jan, 2017 from Planet of cats

Re: FR: Tal Drum Sampler 4x4

Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:06 am

neverbeeninariot wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:46 am
If you need the sampler emulation stuff, then TAL-DAC could be added to the pad chain.
Too easy and makes too much sense :smack:

neverbeeninariot
KVRist
297 posts since 3 Feb, 2015 from UK

Re: FR: Tal Drum Sampler 4x4

Post Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:42 am

Distorted Horizon wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:06 am
neverbeeninariot wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:46 am
If you need the sampler emulation stuff, then TAL-DAC could be added to the pad chain.
Too easy and makes too much sense :smack:
:lol:

User avatar
masterhiggins
KVRAF
2181 posts since 31 Dec, 2004 from People's Republic of Minnesota

Re: FR: Tal Drum Sampler 4x4

Post Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:04 am

...

User avatar
RobGee
KVRist
202 posts since 11 Jan, 2014

Re: FR: Tal Drum Sampler 4x4

Post Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:02 pm

perpetual3 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:51 am
Patrick has said that for drum samples, the TAL Dac will produce he same sound as Sampler. For instruments, Sampler is needed. So, it seems that using TAL Dac with whatever drum solution of choice will be sufficient.
Not really, you’re missing out on all the pitch shifting algorithms.

perpetual3
KVRian
1133 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Re: FR: Tal Drum Sampler 4x4

Post Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:01 pm

RobGee wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:02 pm
perpetual3 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:51 am
Patrick has said that for drum samples, the TAL Dac will produce he same sound as Sampler. For instruments, Sampler is needed. So, it seems that using TAL Dac with whatever drum solution of choice will be sufficient.
Not really, you’re missing out on all the pitch shifting algorithms.
I asked him this question directly and that’s what he said. I just rack up Sampler for drums.

User avatar
RobGee
KVRist
202 posts since 11 Jan, 2014

Re: FR: Tal Drum Sampler 4x4

Post Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:24 pm

perpetual3 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:01 pm
RobGee wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:02 pm
perpetual3 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:51 am
Patrick has said that for drum samples, the TAL Dac will produce he same sound as Sampler. For instruments, Sampler is needed. So, it seems that using TAL Dac with whatever drum solution of choice will be sufficient.
Not really, you’re missing out on all the pitch shifting algorithms.
I asked him this question directly and that’s what he said. I just rack up Sampler for drums.
Well Patrick is presuming that people don’t pitch their drums which is not the case. Seeing as Tal Sampler was so cheap, I’d happily pay for a drum sampler from them that has all the same resampling modes and filters but is more tailored towards drums with multiple outputs etc. I won’t be holding my breath though...

Lotuz2019
KVRist
420 posts since 26 Apr, 2019 from Netherlands

Re: FR: Tal Drum Sampler 4x4

Post Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:03 pm

Do you play your drum samples at various pitches? For example one tom sample played as high, mid and low tom? Then I can see why you'd want the different aliasing per pitch.

If you don't play your drum samples at various pitches, then you can use TAL DAC and just dial in the sample rate you like.

What helps for that extra grit is to pitch up your samples in a wave editor first (for example +8), then load those samples in your sampler/sample play and pitch them down again (-8).

Return to “TAL Software”