FR: Tal Drum Sampler 4x4

Official support for: tal-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I was wondering if there were any plans to make a version of the sampler with a 4x4 grid more suited to drums?
I own a few samplers but TAL Sampler has taken over most of my projects. A drum version or drum mode would make it the only sampler I use. A paid separate product or paid update would be easily worth it.

Actually TAL Simpler is also interesting to replace Ableton Simpler in drum rack.
Murderous duck!

Definitely+1 :tu: :tu: :tu:
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

+1 on the 4×4

i know this is a dumb question, but i don't actually understand how a 4x4 gui would be an improvement. you can have a tonne of samples on one single layer just from setting up different key zones, and ultimately, isn't it all just going to be controlled by a stream of anyway, and not through the gui?

i mean, i'm not saying it WOULDN'T be an improvement, i just don't understand how, currently

I take it means more than just a GUI,in theory a 4 x 4 TALdrum would have more individual control for each pad like amp envelopes,LFO,pitch,separate outs....etc

ohhhhh, i see.

16 lfos; dang, hahah.

Why isn't your daw good enough to sequence tal sampler ?
Maybe you should try renoise :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

+1 on this suggestion :tu:

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

Recently i've actually been thinking of a small alteration of TAL Sampler for drums.
Basically it should be TAL Sampler with it's 4 layers, but these each within least 8 (more would of course be even better) of these „engines“ and make it TAL's take on Native Instruments' Battery (these so called engines would be Cells in Battery terms)
I am personally set with Geist 2 as a drum machine/sequencer combo, but a lightweight „Battery clone“ would be right up my alley, even though Geist can also be used just like Battery using your hosts sequencing capabilities, but it's not exactly that light on resources to put it mildly.
I still have a Battery 3 license, but i'd prefer to stay away from that company as most of their stuff has become abandonware and i would probably need magnifiers in order to use it on current high resolution monitors

Of course one can chop a loop in TAL sampler, but it's not that usable for more than four one shots and even then you'd loose any layering capabilities when using all for of them and opening several instances just to have access to a complete drumset is also quite counter intuitive.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

New sonic arts Nuance is exactly what you’re looking for, I think.

Thanks for the tip, looks good, shame it doesn't seem to have time stretching though.
Will demo soon, even though i thought i was done buying new stuff
. :oops:

Not trying to discredit this Nuance drummy, would still prefer a fictional TAL Drums to be honest, as i have become quite a fanboy of his work.
I have even excluded TAL (among very few other companies) from my undertaking of not needing new things, except for updated versions, should it really add something very useful to my arsenal. :help:
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

The idea of a TAL-Sampler version for drums [TAL-Drum?] is fabulous! :tu:

I also find it tiresome to use Battery 3 for drums, a simple TAL-Sampler with everything it has but per 4x4 pad [with layering], more pad banks like Akai MPD32, and 16 separate outs would be simply awesome! :tu:

Well, that or modifying TAL-Sampler to be able to do this. ;) I'm not exactly obsessed with seeing 4x4 pads on the GUI...
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

+1 :tu:
Keep it simple but effective like the wonderful TAL-Sampler. A quite good solution and reference would be Impact XT from Presonus:

Return to “TAL Software”