How to get Hypercyclic working in Logic Pro X 10.4

Official support for: mucoder.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I'm having problems getting Hypercyclic to work in Logic Pro X 10.4. I've managed to get the IAC Bus added and I now have an IAC port called "Bus 1". My understanding is that I should be able to choose any Software Instrument within Logic and get it to be driven by Hypercyclic. Sounds easy? Not in my case! I'm clearly being totally daft, but I cannot see what I'm missing. Please! Can anyone help? Would I be correct in thinking that the answer to this specific problem, would also apply in all generic cases where an ARP plugin is being used to drive other MIDI plugins?
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

It's worth pointing out that the supplied instructions are of little use since Logic Pro X is on version 10.4 these days, while the Logic guide supplied with the plugin is aimed at version 7. As such it's totally different, and arguably a few notches south of useless.
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

From Mucoder website :
"if you want to use the AU version, you must copy the hypercyclic.component file to your components directory (e.g. to /Users/yourname/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components)".
Doesn't that mean it should been used as AU MIDI FX?

EDIT : Ok, AU . Components is for using it with the internal synth I suppose?
If its the case, to avoid the AIC solution, you could go with, e.g. Blue Cat Audio PatchWork plug in.
<https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/P ... PatchWork/>
Since you'd be able to use the VST version, it would transmit midi.

Demo first, of course.

Return to “mucoder”