tonespace 2.0: Android Port possible?

Official support for: mucoder.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, especially hi Mucoder ;)

Now, as tonespace is available for linux, do you think it would be feasible to create an android port? Of course it'd mean to rework the GUI to a touch-friendly one, which would be an ***load of work, but in principle (thinking about JNI) it should be possible, right?

You'd be the hero for many many musicians (including me) if you'd pull that one! Tonespace-in-a-pocket on an android smartphone would be such an invaluable tool, imho.

So... wild dream? Possibility? Already in the works? ;)

Thanks,
Tim

I share the wild dream and you may be surprised to hear that I actually got a straight port working on android already. But, then there was a rude awakening, since, apart from the fact that the tonespace UI is not touch-optimized, the current generation android devices (I used a nexus 7 and a sgs3) also just are too slow and have too much audio latency to be really fun with a 'classic' tonespace.

I haven't given up though, and am now exploring some other technical avenues - at least I would like to do *something* on android. (And on ios and win8 tablets for that matter.) Maybe not a literal tonespace port, but certainly something that could pass as its cousin and that would be equally fun to use.
tonespace / hypercyclic

Return to “mucoder”