Problem with cx-3 as controller

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I’m new to B-5 and I love the sound. However, I miss some functionality that I had with my ‘old’ b3 sim. I use a cx-3 as a controller. This instrument has two sets of drawbars which I had assigned to control the two upper drawbar sets. (Lower manual I use only for padding and just set drawbars as required and leave them). The Cx-3 also has two sets of three buttons to switch between drawbar sets for upper & lower manuals. They transmit 3 values on two different cc#s (0, 64 & 127). Never got all three to work, but I had been able to get two to switch between the B and Bb sets. Is there a way to get this to work in B-5? (And hey, if I had a wish list, a way to blend Leslie and straight amp sounds would be nice as well😏) thanks in advancefor any advice/help I may get!

New thing: now if I click on ‘set 1’ or ‘set 2’ in the GUI, they don’t alternate. Meaning, you can have both lit up and the settings don’t change. (Btw: did I mention that I’m running high Sierra in a MacBook Pro?) thanks again!

First blending amp and Leslie isn't possible, but that would hit the CPU a bit hard... I'll still add it to the feature list.
Second, you should be able to switch between presets by using our MIDI remapper, in the MIDI prefs, just select the Cx-3 and then go at the very bottom of the list and set "switch between upper presets" to whatever CC these buttons on your Cx-3 are using, same for the lower manual and it should work.
If you're getting the stuck sets 1 and 2, then maybe you're not using the latest version, can you check that? We fixed something on these very recently.

I’m using B-5 V2.5.2. Sets 1 & 2 switched a couple of times then both stayed lit with no change in settings whether in standalone or within a host (gig performer in this case.)
Thanks again for any input!
(Btw: I can accomplish parallel Leslie/amp by using DI out in B5 and external amp sims so no biggie. However, if there’s a way to develop assigning two sets of drawbars to set 1 & 2 I’ll do whatever it takes to get it prioritized!😂)

Return to “AcousticsampleS”