split midi channels in b5 from single channel controller

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi
great plug in (b5) - i am "upgrading" from VB3II
running in mainstage from numerous different rigs one of which is a nord stage which can send on two midi channels - but this necessitates changing panels and the nord change does not transmit two midi channels simultaneously without layering (cant send split midi data)
is there a way to create a keyboard split in b5 from a single channel controller??
I cant find a split function - am I missing something
it is for times when i am only using one keyboard but still need left hand bass manual
be great it there was a simple answer
thank you

Yes, there is a split function in the MIDI prefs at the top right.
Next to keyboard assignment, you can select splits instead of MIDI.

GREAT thank you - it is even controllable as an option (can be MIDI learned) - great news many thanks a million for helping out - I would never have seen that option!

Hi
I tried toggling the midi/split function but when it is in split mode there is no sound at all
Is there a bug or am I doing something wrong?
Also mapping a midi button in mainstage to the function enables it to enter split function but the same button doesn’t toggle it back
Thanks for a great plug in though! If I could iron this out I could use it across all my setups
Thanks again

It sounds like you are not on the correct MIDI channel. If you are using the splits, the B5 will default to MIDI channel 1, so everything you send outside of this channel will not do anything.
About the toggle, maybe try to record what MIDI values are sent, to work properly, it has to send 0 and 127, if it's not one of them, then it won't work, but that's standard stuff, we're not doing anything specific here.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”