Sunbird - How do I edit a saved pattern?

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I have a pattern which I've created, now I open the editor, choose my saved pattern and edit it.

How do I save it back to the pattern list? On your video it shows just clicking the "Add to patterns" button. But when I do that I have to enter the name again, then if I use the same name, I have two patterns with the same name.

So, how do I overwrite a current pattern? How do I delete a pattern?

Many thanks

Darren

Having similar problems with Sunbird patterns; and when the "Add to Patterns" is clicked there's no way of seeing other patterns that you may wish to overwrite.

I have the B5V2.5 also, and when it comes to saving a preset, there's no list that appears when you want to overwrite an existing preset.

Same problem with Telematic3 here.

I'm afraid there is no way to overwrite a pattern that was already created.
This might not seem like a good excuse, but that pattern system is actually all made in script and it really isn't made for that...

If you want more editing capabilities, i suggest that you use the load and save patterns to files instead, this way you can just replace the files on your HD and just load it again.

thysm00 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:23 am I suggest that you use the load and save patterns to files instead
That's fair enough, I can live with that, but now I'm confronted with the next issue: how do I use this pattern saved to a file? What I understand it needs to go here.
pat.JPG
And in order to do that I need to use the much dreaded 'Add forever to patterns' function and then we're back where we started. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick now?
add.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

No, you need to open the pattern editor and then to the left you will see a list of factory presets and below a save and a load button.
So just create a pattern that you like, and then hit the save button and name it however you like.
If it is a pattern that you already created, it will be in the factory preset list, so just select it before and then just hit save.

After checking out the Strategy guitar library, i realised we added a feature to edit the list of patterns, so we'll try to add it to the Telematic V3 soon.

thysm00 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:46 pm No, you need to open the pattern editor
We're not talking about saving or loading anymore, I now need to know how I play my custom pattern. Do I leave the editor open?

Ok, as i replied by email, i did not understand you wanted to know how to use it, in which case, yes, you need to load it and then select add to patterns as if you had just created it and it will be appear in the list.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”