Authorising on a second computer

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, I'm probably being a little dense here, but I can't figure out how to get my C7 authorised on a second computer. Can anyone help or point me to a guide? Thanks.

All you need to do is install it on the second computer and activate that computer using the iLok license manager. There is no need to register the serial number again.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I've installed the iLok Manager but can't see how I can activate the computer. Do you know where I can find a step by step guide? I've looked at the iLok site, but that seems to only give instructions on the use of USB iLoks.

Well, it's exactly like the first time you activated it... You open the iLok license manager, you log into your account and then you drag and drop the license to the left column... This is not specific to the second or third activation.
You can find how to do it in our installation guide www.acousticsamples.net/faq

Hi, I've tried to follow your guide but I'm still unable to get this to work I'm afraid. In the left column, I see my other Mac and the authorisations for it, and at the top I see what I assume is my laptop (local machine). I can't see a way to add the C7 to the local machine, the only option seems to be to drag the C7 from my other Mac but then I get a message about 'Source location not accessible'.

I'm probably being extremely dumb here!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Well, you can't move the license from one computer to the other, you need to click at the top left on your iLok ID (the part you blurred), you will the have a list of available licenses, and from there you will be able to drag your license to the left panel.

Ah, thanks, I've got it now. I knew I was being stupid :-)

Cheers

Return to “AcousticsampleS”