Acoustic Samples B-5 V 2.2 Disappearing drawbar click FX sound

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The B-5 has brilliant acoustic effects including the drawbar clicks when you pull out the drawbars. However although the other acoustic FX continue to function when you change presets, the drawbar clicks' sound disappears after the first preset change you make after booting up the programme.

Is this intentional?

Thomas.

Unless i'm not testing the right things, i don't get that behaviour.
I've tried with the general presets and the drawbar presets...

What might happen is that when you load a general preset that has the Acoustic volume set to 0, then the acoustic sounds will disappear (but they should all disappear... which is why i'm not sure i'm testing the right thing...).

Try this please.....

Load a general preset that fires up B-5 GUI, one with acoustic samples not set at 0.

Now without playing a note......
adjust some drawbars ( you hear the click sounds as you push and pull drawbars )
now go to any other inverse keys' preset using programme change and without playing any notes, pull out, push in, some drawbars

My friend and I both get the same result ie., the drawbar click sound has gone ( although all the other acoustic sounds still can be heard. You can no longer hear the drawbar clicks.

BTW. I have found another different issue entirely, that is really more important than the above, regarding a 'dirty contact' type of sound that happens when you play matching notes on different manuals. It only occurs when playing 'matching notes'.
It happens with all acoustic FX off or on. It isn't an effect, it's definitely an artifact. To check this, turn on DI speaker and turn off all acoustic effects. Pull out for example 8' drawbars on upper and lower and/or pedalboard.
and
Now play any note, any octave pitch, on the upper manual say a C, then play any C on the lower or pedals and you will hear ( at least I do ) a slight 'scratchy' sound, like a poor electrical contact noise. Now play C on the upper and any note other than C on the lower manual and the 'scratch' doesn't sound. Alternate C and E and you will hear 'scratch' 'no scratch' as you play alternate notes.

You can hear it 'more clearly' when playing two manuals with 'matching chords' and then alternate 'non-matching chords' with 'drawbars not pulled out far' and with volume up, as of course, playing more matching notes causes more 'scratches happening together' and a higher volume emphasises the 'scratch sound'.

Sorry if this is a nuisance, together with the 1' sounding vibrato tabs problem, but I just thought that AcousticSamples would wish to know.

Thanks, Thomas

OK, so it seems to be the program change that causes this...
If you do it any other way, it still works just fine, thanks for pointing this out, i will investigate and try to fix it.

The second issue has been fixed a week ago, so just download it again from your account (or you can wait for the new version that contains a fix for the drawbar click to be released).

You're right, using the mouse to change presets doesn't affect it, I hadn't tried that before, but programme change, does.

The new version is online with both this fix and the stuck note problem fixed as well.

Could the scratchy sound ( like a poor electrical contact ) actually be the 'key-click' triggering even when it's been 'muted' when two or more of the same notes ( chords ) are played on both upper and lower manuals or pedals at the same time, and also be the cause of the key-click to sound slightly louder than the others when the key-click FX is active?
That's what it sounds like is happening.

Best regards

Thomas.

Thanks for looking into these things :-)

I'm not just looking, i'm telling you it's fixed ;) Just download the latest version from our website.

thysm00 wrote:I'm not just looking, i'm telling you it's fixed ;) Just download the latest version from our website.
Great,

Your Clonewheel program is just the very best.

Thanks for sorting these little items.

Thanks ;) I hope you tell everyone that ;)

Certainly will :-)

Return to “AcousticsampleS”