Acoustic Samples B-5 V 2.2

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I have just bought Acoustic Samples B-5 V2.2 and it's the Clonewheel I have been seeking for years.
It's like playing the real thing.
Usefully it runs on a Windows tablet ( Lenovo MiiX 510 8gb DDR4 RAM and 256GB SSD ) which means that it will sit on a music rest nicely flat and small, I have it midi'd to a Hammond SK-2 and NI B4D drawbar controller and everything works fine.
I have found though that pressing the vibrato tabs kicks in the 1' drawbar sound in the background that then continues to sound until I send an all notes off message.
Is this happening just to me?
Also is there any way to make UVIWorkstation larger in the display?
Thanks

Thomas

this might be a bug, but I'm not able to reproduce this (i play a note, then engage the vibrato and then everything gets released as it should...)... is there something special you are doing?
If you can record a MIDi file and send it to me, that would help a lot.

Regarding the interface, no i'm sorry, but this does not depend on us...

Hi,

Sorry I can't record a midi file. New PC bought to buy B-5 and it's just stand-alone at present.
However I have attached an mp3.

This is the situation...

When I start B-5 from a set-up all is well for five minutes or so but then out of the blue, pressing a vibrato tab causes the 1' drawbar to sound. It will not stop sounding until I send all notes off.

The tabs that do this are 'all' the vibrato tabs bar the 'great manual tab' and to varying degrees with a slightly different sound from the different tabs' presses.

Once this has started to occur after the 5 or so minutes of 'good behaviour', it happens all the time. At first though when I push the 1' drawbar in it will diminish the sound until it is mute and as I pull it out it will get louder. However after a little while, pushing it right in still leaves it sounding.

Just closing down the programme and restarting the same set-up, causes the vibrato problem to go away and I have done nothing other than close the App and restart it. The SK-2 remains as it was. Then after a few minutes it happens again and I can find no particular one set of actions prior to it happening that could be causing it.

The mp3 first demo's it happening with various vib tab presses. I then shut down and restart B-5 and no matter what I try I can't get it to do it again. I play a mad burst to show that the 1' is fully out but still no tab presses cause the problem to show up. After stopping the recording the problem surfaced again after several more minutes

( I've stitched recordings 1 and 2 together as there would be a delay while I closed and opened the App again )

Hope you can follow the above explanation,

Thomas

Sorry I was going to attach my mp3 but they aren't allowed on the forum. If you would like to hear it where should I send it
Thanks'
Thomas

Actually, the mp3 is not really useful... i can't track the problem without one.
Could you just get a simple MIDI recorder and play until it creates the problem? I know it's frustrating, but i really can't work without one as it's probably one specific combination of playing and vibrato enabling that creates the problem and i need to track it down using a MIDI file by going step by step...

OK I've found MixPad free from Nch.

Does it look like it would do the job?

If so I may be able to get to record something tomorrow. A friend of mine with a similar set-up says he noticed it do the same thing a couple of times. He's going to check it out too as soon as he can.

Thomas

Try Reaper. It's a full-fledged Digital Audio Workstation and will record MIDI with no problem. There's some setup involved but you basically setup your Audio Device, MIDI Devices, then point Reaper to your plugin folders where the UVI plugin is. Once you do that, you load the UVI plugin on a new instrument track and hit record as you play. If you get the stuck notes, you should be able to export the MIDI from there.

A friend of mine who has the same set-up as me and had experienced the same glitch tried to get a midi recording done but it didn’t glitch once...

Here’s his reply

( Regarding the B-5, I loaded it in Sonar this morning and recorded loads of Midi data and not once did it do it....... strangely enough the SK2 won’t control anything when its loaded as a VST within the DAW so I had to keep playing with one hand while switching the vibrato on and off randomly with the other, not sure how we are going to get round that one. )

It’s a strange one and not an easy solve. I only play at home so not a major issue for me but obviously a pro player needs everything to work.

Can’t think it’s related to the Hammond SK-2 controller, as rebooting the App with everything still connected solves the issue for awhile until after a few minutes ( usually ) when it will re-appear.

While searching for a way to fix something else, i got the 1' stuck note and fixed it, it should not happen anymore.
This was happening in some very rare cases when a note was played almost exactly at the same time as the switch from the "B preset" to any other preset was selected. So the note was launching the 8' freq and the switch was doing it at the same exact time resulting in a conflict and a stuck note.
Anyway that's fixed and you can download the updated version from your account.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”