Stuck notes in B-5 update 2.2

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm working on getting you a test version that will log events and hopefully help me understand.
To help narrow the problem down, can you tell me if this happens with and without the percussion and same on both upper and lower manual?

Thanks!

When reproducing this I disabled percussion so as to enable the 9th drawbar, but I will test whether it also happens with percussion turned on.

I also only used the upper manual but can try reproducing on the lower manual (using a separate MIDI channel? or a split point? does it matter?)

Are there any other settings you'd want to try?

Don't bother, my idea was to make sure the problem does not lie in the percussion code.

If you can, it would be useful to try with different buffer sizes. Also even if it is not reproducible when playing back a MIDI file, could you still record something and send me just the part that created the stuck note (maybe with a video shot with your phone where i can hear the stuck note)? I know it's a lot to ask, but i really can't reproduce it so it's very hard to track it down effectively and i've swiped my keyboard like crazy...

@anavish do you mind if we continue the discussion on the support by email so that i can send you the debug version?
If so could you tell me what your email is (in a pm).
We'll report back here when we have a fix.

Sure, I PM'd you.

Update: after some back-and-forth between @thysm00 and myself over email, the issue has been identified and a fixed version v2.5.1 is already available for download!

I want to thank AcousticSamples for taking this issue seriously, giving the attention it required and not giving up until the issue has been found and fixed. Kudos!

@davinwv, I'm curious to know whether the new version resolves the issue for you as well.

Thanks for the help on this @anavish! ;)

I'm on vacation this week, but I will definitely download & test when I get home. Just out of curiosity, what was the issue?

Also, is there a way our saved Multis in UVI Workstation can utilize new versions of B5 without having to recreate & re-save them? I very much appreciate the frequent updates, but I hate starting from scratch each time to use the new version in my Multis.

The issue was a bit odd. It happened in only one rare case (which is why not many users have it).
The note on and the note off of the same note had to be played at the exact same time which technically can't happen...
On top of this, the length of the first note had to be less than a few milliseconds which is also pretty hard to do.

This was not a problem if the velocity to contact value was set to 0. Anavish told me he tested it, and it did not work, but i'm 100% sure that the issue was not happening with that value at 0.

About the saved multis, they will work just fine, they will use the new script which contains the fix, no need to resave them. Resaving every multi is necessary only when a major new version is released as we have to use a different script.

I'm just circling back here. I just installed the 2.5.1 update. When I load a Multi that I saved under 2.5, UVI Workstation tells me that v2.5 of B5 is loaded versus v2.5.1. I'm on Windows 10 with UVI Workstation 3.0.5.

This confirms rhe concern expressed in my post above. Do I need to recreate my Multis under v2.5.1? Is there a way to author a UFS file for future updates so that it always uses the latest version of the library when loading prior Multis? I have had to recreate Multis with my preferred settings & MIDI Mappings repeatedly with each update, and it is getting to be a pain!

It saves the multi with the name 2.5, but the loaded script is the correct one (you can check that there are no stuck notes). Basically there is no difference between the presets v2.5 and V2.5.1 i changed the name just to increment the version number and people would not be lost as to which version of the ufs they are using. So you're safe, you can keep your multis and use them, and unless the update is more than just a script update, you're fine.

And if there is a change in the preset (again it's not the case here) it's not possible to create an UFS that uses the updated preset, it's just technically impossible, not to mention the compatibility issues, just imagine if the preset contains a big change in sound, it would mess up the mix of a session for example. Btw, this is the case with every software on the market.

Okay - thanks very much for the clarification.

I installed version 2.5.1 of the B5. I have still stuck notes. Velocity to contact is 0. I play with a Hammond SK2. Controlling the parameters from the SK2 is running perfect. I tested it with 2 different units.
1. Presonus Audiobox 96 USB with his own driver.
2. small Logitech Midi to USB interface and and the Asio4all driver with the internal soundcard of a PC from Asus. i5 quadcore processor newest generation. 8 GByte RAM, Windows 10.
The B5 sounds wonderful, but I cannot play with it with these problems. So I need a running solution. I look forward to hearing from the designer.
Last edited by thomaskorthals on Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm sorry you're getting stuck notes, but i'll ask you the same thing as the others which is a MIDI file and a way to reproduce this otherwose we can't fix it.

Thanks for your answer. So my question is: if you play with a midi keyboard connected to a computer from Midi to USB and you use the internal sound card of the PC with Asio4all driver, do you have stuck notes or not? If there is a bug in your program you should hear it. Please test it and let me know. Thanks in advance.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”