No sustain support?

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maybe I am doing something wrong here, but I can not seem to find that the Sunbird (or any of the other guitars) have any sort of sustain pedal support? I would like to be able to hold the chord I have chosen by having the sustain pedal "lock" those notes in and allow me to then hover over the next chord to make for a much smoother transition, but I cannot seem to find a way to do this. Any help/suggestions on this?

in the pattern mode ?
use the latch toggle

I do not wish to use patterns, I really enjoy playing in chord mode. Is there a way to do this in chord mode?

I would like to know this too. Can the sunbird use sustain pedal for sustain? I noticed the GD-6 guitar does this and it's great, but the sunbird defaults sustain pedal to be used for palm muting. Any way to change this?

Yes! I finally figured out how. Right click the "Palm Mute" toggle (you will see this toggle on/off when you hit your sustain pedal) and select "Unlearn Midi" and it will remove the sustain from triggering the palm mute :ud:

Once the palm mute has been unlearned and reassigned, cc64 works nice for sustain in solo / chord mode. In solo mode, with the sustain pedal on, you have to be careful that you play realistically, otherwise, the guitar starts to sound like a harp with every note being sustained. I was really pleased to see though that cc64 does work in solo mode.

However, I would like to be able to lock the chord notes down in 'pattern mode.' Latch locks the playing of the pattern, but, once you take your fingers off the notes that form the chord, the pattern player plays all mutes. It would be useful to be able to use cc64 to keep the notes hold down, although I guess this might interfere with the other 'coloured' note triggers?

But, also, it would be useful to have the option to disable the muted strums that keep chugging away once you take your fingers off the keyboard.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”