Vreeds by AcousticsampleS Review/Overview

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, all!

So I had the opportunity to check out Vreeds from AcousticsampleS this week, and I thought I'd post my thoughts! Disclaimer: I was given a copy for free, but for those of you that follow my work on AskAudio, you may be aware that I generally *only* review things I like. I'm fortunate enough in this field to have plenty of things to review, so if something isn't doing it for me, I simply decline to review.

Anyhow, I definitely dug this instrument. The Wurlizer is near and dear to my heart (I had an entire classroom full of them at one point as a music teacher, those were the days!). I was a *big* fan of B5v2 from AcousticsampleS so I had pretty high expectations of this instrument. I did not expect that they could come up with something as good as they did with such a small footprint (70mb! Holy hell!). It runs in UVI Workstation or Kontakt, and I found it to sound great. My own nitpickey wish is for velocity response curves already completed for top (popular) keyboard controllers, but you can customize the response curve completely, so once you do it once, you save it, and you're done.

I've thrown up a quick video overview to accompany this review, and it's here:

https://youtu.be/inc31FGXH7A

This is my first review I'm posting on my own outside of my work with AskAudio, but my resolution this year is to do a bit more overviews and reviews on my own, so I'm happy to post my first one here. Anyway, at around a hundred bucks, this one is a no-brainer if you love the Wurly. Less than 2 xbox games.

I just bought the new vReeds wurly.

It is fantastic what you AS guys have done with the blending of sampling and
modeling. vReeds is stunningly real and smooth to play--
which leads to my next request...

Arno , Can you, theoretically, do the same thing for the C7 Yamaha you released a while back?
I would have to think that would be a big hit!!

Anyway, buy vReeds!! Highly recommended!

For now, unfortunately no, at least not using the same tools... But i have a few other ideas ;)

Thanks Arno!

Yep, an acoustic samples piano hybrid like TruePianos would be awesome!!

Return to “AcousticsampleS”