Possible preset/settings recall bug - VST3 in REAPER

Official support for: kuassa.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Having an issue in REAPER with the VST3 version of the Kuassa ampsims, Cerberus, Cream, and Vermillion (Caliburn seems to be ok), where the amp does not remember the current preset or settings when saving a project. When the project is loaded, they go back to their defaults.

They all work ok in Cubase (8.5 & 10), and Bitwig 2.4. Also the VST2 versions seems to work as expected in REAPER.

I have tried uninstalling then reinstalling the VST3 versions but without any luck.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any help appreciated.

Windows 10 64 bit 1803; REAPER 5.965 64 bit.

Cheers
nbiar

edit: Incidentally, I have contacted support and supplied a sample project, just thought I'd check here and see if it was a thing... : )

Guess I should have done this search before contacting Kuassa support, but I too am having this problem.

Hello! Sorry for the late replay here.
There are some issues found and we are aware!
I kindly ask you to use the VST2 version for now.
We scheduled a big update which will address this problem in Reaper.

Best regards,
Dimi

dimitar wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:53 pm Hello! Sorry for the late replay here.
There are some issues found and we are aware!
I kindly ask you to use the VST2 version for now.
We scheduled a big update which will address this problem in Reaper.

Best regards,
Dimi
Thanks for the follow-up, Dimi - better late than never :D

Good to hear that the issue has been found and will be fixed :tu:

Cheers

Thanks for your understanding :hug:
:)

this bug has been going on for a good while now. are there any plans to fix it at all?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

this bug is still present.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Yeah.. get your finger out, Kuassa dudes !

OK, I realise that you are all probably beavering away on 360, and I'm really looking forward to that, but this is just one little wafer thin VST3 bug fix that would make me, and possibly Burillo, very happy indeed. Go on, just one tiny little bug fix, you know you want to...

:wink:

What neverbeeninariot said. The VST3 fix was promised over a year ago.

Still an issue?

How silly!

Well, in my understanding it's a issue connected specifically with Reaper and it isn't an easy fix.
Also it will bring old projects incompatibilities of loading.
But there's a "solution" and I'm using the vst3 version of Amplifikation 360 and everything reload fine.
You can still load all the amps inside A360 and work without any project saving issues.
Hopefully the Devs will find an easy solution soon.

Cheers
Dimi

dimitar wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:06 am Well, in my understanding it's a issue connected specifically with Reaper and it isn't an easy fix.
Also it will bring old projects incompatibilities of loading.
But there's a "solution" and I'm using the vst3 version of Amplifikation 360 and everything reload fine.
You can still load all the amps inside A360 and work without any project saving issues.
Hopefully the Devs will find an easy solution soon.

Cheers
Dimi
Thanks for the update, Dimi.

It is a little strange though, the other VST3 amps (Matchlock, Caliburn, Cerberus) are not affected by the preset recall issue. :shrug:

I'm still using the VST2 version of Vermilion as a workaround, I haven't quite gelled with A360 yet, maybe time to give it another look.

Cheers
nbiar

Hell freezes over - Reaper VST3 preset recall bug, be gone ! :D

Many thanks for resolving this. What took you so long? :P

Return to “Kuassa”