Downgrade MAC OS from Cataline to Mojave

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone know how to downgrade mac from Catalina back to Mojave?

I'm getting crackling, audio dropouts you name it with this crap. I created an aggregate device for using Kyra,MC-707 etc with Logic and Live, they play ok for about 30 seconds then it's f**ked up.. I mean this is a quad core i7 mac here feeling like a shitty old ZX Spectrum lol...MPC software crashes constant so someone tell me how to just get Mojave back?

Cheers

Rob

rob_lee wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:39 pm Anyone know how to downgrade mac from Catalina back to Mojave?
Apple doesn't make it easy since it's basically impossible to find the mojave installer in the app store now Catalina is out.

Easiest fix I've found is to use the dosdude1 mojave patcher's ability to download the installer (but don't actually patch it - that's just for putting mojave onto machines apple doesn't officially support mojave on)

http://dosdude1.com/mojave/

Only issue is I don't think there's any way to 'downgrade' - so you'd have to clean install mojave

Thanks mate.. f**k I hate doing music with computers. Looks like I'll have to record everything to an external device direct from the MPC X.
My own fault for upgrading to this piece of crap :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No idea what's happened here lol I erased my mac and hit command R entered disk utility and now it's installing OSX Mountain Lion???

rob_lee wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:16 pm No idea what's happened here lol I erased my mac and hit command R entered disk utility and now it's installing OSX Mountain Lion???
recovery partition is clearly whatever originally came on your mac - so guessing it’s 2011-2012 mac?

generally the recovery partition SHOULD be updated to match whatever you currently had installed, but obviously something went wrong.

Let it install then go to dosdude1’s site, grab the mojave patcher, use it to d/l the mojave installer and you should be able to go direct to mojave

Here's the App Store link for Mojave. I'm on Windows here so I can't check if you can still download it, but I assume you can. However, all the installers had to be updated recently because the certificate that Apple signed them with expired.
Image Image Image Image

Thanks guys unfortunately I have a BIG problem.
It says OSX 10.8.5 is installed BUT now I can't log in to download anything from the App store as it says I need 10.9 or higher to do so.

There's no way to update this OS I'm even typing here from my phone.

I'm in the disk utilities page again BUT the only option it gives is to again reinstall OSX Mountain Lion.. Think I've f@@ked up big time here.

I can see the Mojave etc in app store but it just won't let me log in with my apple I'd and password at Al.

No idea what to do now.. Wish I'd never have erased 😢😢😢

Also I have a folder flashing on a black screen with a question mark 😳😳😳

#STUCK

You only have one Mac? If you have another (or can get your hands on one) you can grab Mojave on that and use it to build a bootable USB installer.
Image Image Image Image

Contact Apple Support.
They have workarounds that are hidden to mortals.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”