OS Catalina App/Plugin Compatibility List

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EDIT: Thread put on hold, for the moment

A thread to keep on top of app/plugin compatibility for Apple's latest OS. If you add plugins or apps within the thread, with their compatibility status, I will keep this first post updated.

Please! This is not intended as a discussion thread. There are other threads within which you can discuss the topic. Thanks :tu:

----------------------------------------------------

COMPATIBLE

DAW

- Ableton Live 10.1.2 (Recommended to hold off updating due to probable issues with 3rd-party plugins)

- Logic Pro X

- Reason 10.4

- Renoise 3.2.0 - Apparently compatible. Will confirm!

INSTRUMENTS

- Audiorealism Bassline RE
- Jamstix confirmed compatible
- Sonic Charge plugins confirmed compatible

EFFECTS

- Sonic Charge plugins confirmed compatible

UTILITIES

- Rogue Amoeba - All plugins Catalina-ready
- SonarWorks Reference 4.4

INCOMPATIBLE

DAW

INSTRUMENTS

EFFECTS
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Logic is compatible as a DAW (not sure if that’s stating the obvious).

Other plugins:

Sonic Charge plugins confirmed compatible
Jamstix confirmed compatible
iZotope plugins are “in testing”
Waves plugins currently in the process of “confirming compatibility“

Forgotten wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:03 pm Logic is compatible as a DAW (not sure if that’s stating the obvious).

Other plugins:

Sonic Charge plugins confirmed compatible
Jamstix confirmed compatible
iZotope plugins are “in testing”
Waves plugins currently in the process of “confirming compatibility“
Thanks for the additions. For the moment, I'm just going to add those confirmed as compatible or incompatible, and just assume that everything else will just be "in testing".

Sonic Charge is mostly instruments rather than effects though

Reason 10.4 + Audiorealism Bassline RE work fine

Forgotten wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:22 pm Sonic Charge is mostly instruments rather than effects though
Duplicated in 'Instruments' :tu:

Johnny! wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:39 pm Reason 10.4 + Audiorealism Bassline RE work fine
:tu:

I think we need to be careful about reporting plugins as compatible following an update from Mojave to Catalina because, as I understand it, some 64-bit plugins might use 32-bit code in the installers. So they might work for upgrades but new users cannot install them. Maybe the list should be reserved for plugins where the devs have confirmed full compatibility?
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

acid alex wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:51 pm I think we need to be careful about reporting plugins as compatible following an update from Mojave to Catalina because, as I understand it, some 64-bit plugins might use 32-bit code in the installers. So they might work for upgrades but new users cannot install them. Maybe the list should be reserved for plugins where the devs have confirmed full compatibility?
That's an excellent point, and probably explains a comment that another member left in one of the other Catalina threads. Will refer him to your comment, and put this thread on hold till I/We can work out how best to keep track. Thanks :tu:

Definitely a good point, as all the 32-bit stuff I see on my MacBook is installers, so I wasn’t going to worry about them.

However, it could be that when I installed a 32-bit installer was used but maybe that isn’t the case anymore and newer installers are 64-bit?

That white hurts my eyes !

Compatible:
Tone2 Icarus2
Tone2 Electra2.7 and higher

Most likely compatible (so far no negative reports from customers):
Tone2 Nemesis 1.6
Tone2 Saurus 2.5
Tone2 RayBlaster 2.5

Not compatible and will be not compatible:
FilterBank3
BiFilter2
WarmVerb Multi-FX

i can't read anything in the first posted list because it's in white font on a light grey background.

dayjob wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:46 pm i can't read anything in the first posted list because it's in white font on a light grey background.
I blanked it out for a couple of reasons, and then completely forgot about the thread :oops: :oops:
Will sort it out over the weekend. Thanks!!

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:30 pm Compatible:
Tone2 Icarus2
Tone2 Electra2.7 and higher

Most likely compatible (so far no negative reports from customers):
Tone2 Nemesis 1.6
Tone2 Saurus 2.5
Tone2 RayBlaster 2.5

Not compatible and will be not compatible:
FilterBank3
BiFilter2
WarmVerb Multi-FX
Thanks for the update :tu:

As per acid alex's post, are the installers also compatibe?

Cheers!

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”