Decent Small USB audio interface?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a Microsoft Surface that I would like to use, among other things, capturing and analyzing audio using Izotope RX7. I don't want a big box dangling from the USB port. Is there anything such as a small handy full-audio-spectrum interface with single microphone input and line level output (preferably 3.5mm connections)?

I can't find anything anywhere, at least that lists specifications. Amazon has many such devices for a few dollars, but I suspect that they don't offer the performance that I would like.

(The built-in microphone interface appears to have a 7kHz high frequency cutoff, presumably due to an anti-aliasing filter, implying a ~16kHz sampling rate.)

thanks

Keith
Keith
Glendale, AZ USA

Audient ID4 is about as small as you'll get without being crap.

A portable recorder with USB interface?
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... y-recorder
Maybe something like this. It will function as a USB/stand alone mic and USB interface.

Apogee ONE for Mac&PC

NI used to make a card sized interface with the spec you asked for, but it appears to be discontinued. Their 3 new interfaces look great, but a little too big maybe?

tehlord wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:43 pm Audient ID4 is about as small as you'll get without being crap.
I agree, audient ID4 as a mobile/laptop interface is great.
I would also suggest used Focusrite Forte. If the driver works well with your laptop than it is a fantastic buy (there are loads of ins and outs with it's break out cable). The small size of the device is very practical. I would say the audio quality is pretty much up there with RME babyface, but again, first you need to be 100% sure that the driver runs smoothly with your Microsoft Surface.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:30 pm NI used to make a card sized interface with the spec you asked for, but it appears to be discontinued. Their 3 new interfaces look great, but a little too big maybe?
traktor dj 2 ? : https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... r-audio-2/

no input on that one

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”