Any brave souls tried Catalina on your DAW machine?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fmr wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:03 amIt seems like you have an "agenda" here. It seems that you are here to promote Apple, and Apple policies )I'm not judging from this thread, but also fromothers). Bad luck. People here like their independency, and they are very vocal about it.

When you ask: "Any brave souls tried Catalina on your DAW machine?" it seems like you aren't at all involced in music and music production, and you even don't care. If you do, you would be aware thal basically ALL music related product manufactures and programmers advise NOT TO upgrade, for the moment. Yet, it seems like you are "offended" when people are saying they didn't upgrade, and why. Yet, they are simply being reasonable, and prudent.
Wow. I don't respond to paranoia, and I don't believe you've read my other posts. Thankfully anyone may easily do so and see that you are full of it.

Johnny! wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:06 pm Says professional who in current state of security affairs gives advice to stay two years behind with software.
Apple does do security updates longer than 2 years for older system versions - that is not an issue.
I care for bells and whistles of music software. If they brake there is no fun left. I have not seen much bells and whistles in the OS world. New features are partially on a technical side (and appreciated after the bugs had been worked out, which takes 1-2 years) and especially with Apple its much more about binding people to their ecosystem. I'd rather avoid that...
Mojave will be the new Snow Leopard, which was the last OS which supported PPC code... A lot of people needed to stay on that until Firefox stopped supporting it...
I usually switch when developers stop supporting the older system, and then its usually a bigger jump and at least active developed software will run with no problems...

teilo wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:49 pm Wow. I don't respond to paranoia, and I don't believe you've read my other posts. Thankfully anyone may easily do so and see that you are full of it.
Good... Now go back to play with your new OS. That's what you use the computer for, apparently :roll:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:09 am
teilo wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:49 pm Wow. I don't respond to paranoia, and I don't believe you've read my other posts. Thankfully anyone may easily do so and see that you are full of it.
Good... Now go back to play with your new OS. That's what you use the computer for, apparently :roll:
Yeah, I really don't care what you think, trollboi.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:12 am It ain't over till some idiot comes along with the commentary. NOW it's a typical KVR thread :tu:

Again! For the mentally-challenged: (snip) blah-blah-f**king-blah.
It ain't over till some troll comes along and tries to insult me. NOW it's a typical KVR thread. :clap:

I couldn't care less honestly. If that's all you have left, then I pity you. Anyway, seems you won a top place in my ever growing foe list! Have a party there with all your troll friends :party:

I really wished threads like this could proceed more peacefully. And that all Apple users die in hell.

Sorry, just had to. :P

Eclectus wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:15 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:12 am It ain't over till some idiot comes along with the commentary. NOW it's a typical KVR thread :tu:

Again! For the mentally-challenged: (snip) blah-blah-f**king-blah.
It ain't over till some troll comes along and tries to insult me. NOW it's a typical KVR thread. :clap:

I couldn't care less honestly. If that's all you have left, then I pity you. Anyway, seems you won a top place in my ever growing foe list! Have a party there with all your troll friends :party:
Not a troll. I actually engaged early-on in what seemed to be the spirit of the thread. Guess I got triggered by the op throwing his little tantrum :shrug: But hey! Guess not as triggered as you - an adult who needs an "ever growing foe list". f**king Millennials with your safe-spaces! Back in my day we learned how to ignore fools right to their faces :P

Yeah, there’s way too much anger over things that really don’t matter. Some people seem to enjoy teetering on the verge of an aneurysm.

Forgotten wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:02 pm Yeah, there’s way too much anger over things that really don’t matter. Some people seem to enjoy teetering on the verge of an aneurysm.
I can only speak for myself, but it ain't anger :shrug:

The deluge of developer emails, apple must have everyone on their toes. Glad Im an old fashioned windows chap.

MFXxx wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:16 pm The deluge of developer emails, apple must have everyone on their toes. Glad Im an old fashioned windows chap.
I like Windows! They allow me to see the world without the inconvenience of having to leave the house :tu:

I hadn't really thought about non-Apple users also receiving the mails :scared:

Actually the wife purchased a mac book pro back in 2012. Ended up as a Windows machine due to os compatibility issues and was cheaper to use an existing Windows 7 license in the end.
Don't get me wrong I'm not anti apple. They make great doorstops and look very posh in the stack of books under the coffee table. 👍💕
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:22 pm
MFXxx wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:16 pm The deluge of developer emails, apple must have everyone on their toes. Glad Im an old fashioned windows chap.
I like Windows! They allow me to see the world without the inconvenience of having to leave the house :tu:

I hadn't really thought about non-Apple users also receiving the mails :scared:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:11 pm
Forgotten wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:02 pm Yeah, there’s way too much anger over things that really don’t matter. Some people seem to enjoy teetering on the verge of an aneurysm.
Hey, no - didn’t mean you - there are others who look like that vein in their temple is close to popping...

Forgotten wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:34 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:11 pm
Hey, no - didn’t mean you - there are others who look like that vein in their temple is close to popping...
I guess. maybe it's a little too presumptuous to imagine that people try to maintain a certain level of detachment from the things they write (Not that there isn't a time to be serious, of course).

But I did consider making it onto folks' foe-lists as a possible new hobby. I wonder how long it'd take to get banned :lol: :lol:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:But I did consider making it onto folks' foe-lists as a possible new hobby. I wonder how long it'd take to get banned :lol: :lol:
There are already plenty of people who like to expand their foe list, so won’t be that difficult to get on some people’s lists.

I particularly like the ones who ask for honest opinions and then put you on their for list when you give them... :hihi:

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”