Win10: VST scanning issues and Cubase crashing on launch

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The problem I'm having is that unless I run Acon Acoustica and Reason 10 as an administrator around 50% of my installed plug-ins (both VST2 and 3) fail validation and get disabled. The other issue is that Cubase 10 instantly crashes on launch unless I run it as an admin. A bit more background info, earlier in the year (prior to the issues I'm currently getting) I was getting massive DPC latency and random spikes, after reading around the internet I solved this by uninstalling all Intel drivers which instantly gave perfect scores when testing with Latencymon.

Another other issue I'm having is a static noise screen and then a hard reboot when quitting the video game Gears of War 4. I suspect this is a GPU driver crash but it may be related to the other issues I'm having.

I started getting these issues with Win 10 1809 and decided to update to 1903 in the hope that this would somehow correct things. This on a DAW Workstation I built about a year ago using a Gigabyte z370 motherboard. I'm a Mac guy so a lot of Windows specific issues are completely unfamiliar to me.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”