E-MU 1616m, 1212m, 1820m, 0404 Audio Interface - Complete Windows 10 (1903 & Above) Installation Guide

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Huge thanks for getting my 1616m working on Win 10!!!

Some feedback on your procedure:
* After uninstalling the old Patchmix and E-MU drivers, restart, or the install of the BETA drivers fails.
* On my system there is no "Powershell (Admin)" - you must click Start, type in Powershell, and select "Run as Administrator".
* Be sure to use backslashes in the typed-in commands, not forward slashes. The ".\" is necessary before the command.
* When I ran the EMU_Driver_Fix.ps1, I got failures as shown below but the process still worked.
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (2).png
Thanks again! You are wizards!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MAN u're lifesaver. Now I can use the E-MU Patch Mix again. YAYYYYY :)
And many, many thank you's. :))))))))

Thank you saved me a lot of time appears to work perfectly.
:tu: :tu:

Thanks a lot! My EMU 1616 works fine with WIN10 (incl. last updates).
I worked out the Installation Guide with a little difference:

Installation of EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA

I restarted may PC as told into safe mode.

The 3 coding steps in the powershell did not work. Each time I tried, only error messages.

So I started (still in safe mode) the script EMU_Driver_Fix with rightclick in the temp folder (Start With PowerShell).

Normal Restart WIN10 and installation of the EmuPMX_PCApp_US_2_20_00

Normal Restart again - and the EMU 1616 works!!

Lexx1 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:05 am
Hi Lexx1... do you still have a problem
maybe check this solution if you still need the emu card.
jaro52 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:54 am Thanks a lot! My EMU 1616 works fine with WIN10 (incl. last updates).
I worked out the Installation Guide with a little difference:

Installation of EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA

I restarted may PC as told into safe mode.

The 3 coding steps in the powershell did not work. Each time I tried, only error messages.

So I started (still in safe mode) the script EMU_Driver_Fix with rightclick in the temp folder (Start With PowerShell).

Normal Restart WIN10 and installation of the EmuPMX_PCApp_US_2_20_00

Normal Restart again - and the EMU 1616 works!!

Thanks for this, happily got my 0404 working again!

Dear Martin,

You brought back my favourite EMU-1212M like a magic after following your procedures step by step. It seemed the sound quality is much better than in XP environment. I enjoyed my favourite music for an hour for a reward. Many many thanks for your great job!

P.S. Sorry I worked it out by putting the contents of the folder into the temp folder lol,dumb I. :lol:

This did not work at all,couldn't find the folder marked EMU_Driver_Fix because the folder isn't named that way,it is named E-MU_Windows_10_Install.

Do I rename that folder?

Your instructions say nothing about that.

Confused. :ud:

Freaking brilliant! PCI 0404 works over here with no modifications anywhere, just precisely the instructions in the OP, and it works perfectly, .......allllllmost.

One tiny thing that's not a deal breaker at all: Back in the day, before the Creators update, the 0404 used to default to 32 bit. Now, even after I select 32 bit for the ins and outs, it won't stick, and reverts back to 24 bit when I re-open sound settings. I'd like it to be full-time 32 bit. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your super dope work guys!

:clap: :clap: :D :tu:

OK, So I have tried this procedure with my 1820m interface on my Win 10 1909 system. This system had the 1820m interface previously working prior to the 1903 Win 10 update by applying the 2.30 Beta drivers and using PatchMix DSP 2.20. Now I can run PatchMixDSP and hear Wave Audio play through the interface but I can't access the E-mu ASIO drivers in any host program as before.

I have worked thru all the recommended steps here but cannot get the ASIO drivers to show up in anything but inside the ASIO4ALL configuration popup where they don't show beyond the 2 input and output channels. These don't seem to work anyway in host programs including Cubase 10 and both the 32 bit and the 64 bit versions of IL Minihost Moduler (v1.5.8 beta) which can be quite useful for troubleshooting VST and ASIO issues.

It appears to me that the 2.30 driver installation does not create a proper registry entry for the CTASIO64.dll file even though it appears to be in my Windows/system32 folder. The registry hack changing the reference from CTASIO.dll to CTASIO64.dll doesn't seem to help. And while the CTASIO.dll is in the SysWOW64 folder, CTASIO64.dll is not as I mentioned above. Not sure if this is part of the problem.

Does anyone have any form of ASIO driver entry showing in their system registry for Creative, Emu, or X-Fi where I could attempt to create a key entry based on yours?

Getting frustrated but not ready to quit just yet. Any ideas folks? Suggestions much appreciated!

I have examined the registry and there is no listing for any type of Creative / E-mu ASIO driver in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/ASIO where all the other ASIO drivers have keys. So, this process does not result in an ASIO driver getting properly registered there where it needs to be in order to populate ASIO dropdown lists in host applications.

Did you put it in the right place?

If ASIO isn't working then click on Start and type regedit and click on Registry Editor. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, right-click AsioThk32Reg and choose Modify. Change CTASIO.DLL to CTASIO64.DLL.

Thanks a lot for the driver fix! My EMU 1820 seems to be working again with no problems so far.

But I still have a problem, which continues to exist since I migrated to 64 bit Windows 10: 32 bit applications see the ASIO input & output port names as shown in Patchmix (e.g. Dock Out 3L/3R), but 64 bit applications only show a generic list of input and output ASIO ports, enumerated like ASIO In 1, 3, 5, etc. This results in inconvenience, specially when configuring all ASIO inputs & outputs in 64 bit Cubase.

Anyone experimenting this issue? I suspect it has to do with the fact that Patchmix is a 32 bit application, not 64 bit.

Switching to CTASIO64.dll in registry will help to solve this problem? Any suggestion would be much appreciated

Thanks for replying.

My first post was truncated. Spam filter I guess.

I already tried the registry edit as you described with no luck. I did notice that the CTASIO64.dll file was in the system32 folder NOT in the SusWOW64 folder where the CTASIO.dll file resides.

I am out of town for a week but when I get back I will look at it again.

Rawl

SPAM 3

SPAM ALOT

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”